Skip to main content

The GOP's battle with ACORN is officially over, well after it was officially over...

I'm happy to announce that, after voting to defund it 13 times, it seems as if the Republican Party's battle with ACORN (The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) is now officially over.

Why is this news? Oh, just for the simple fact that Congress defunded ACORN back in 2009, and the group disbanded in early 2010 because it had run out of money. That didn't stop the Republican Party from attempting to further defund the already defunded group another 13 times, however. They just wanted to make extra certain, I guess.

In light of this extraordinary news, GOP members have decided to stop doing the following:

- Going to Borders to purchase the Bible

- Stopping by Circuit City for an Atari

- Proposing to celebrities like: Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman, and Heath Ledger

- Donating money to the Unicorn and Dodo Bird Foundation

- Wasting the taxpayers money on groups that no longer exist

Nevermind about that last one. It was just wishful thinking on my part. In light of stories like this, I think the GOP in Grand Old Party should instead stand for Get Out Please!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/07/republicans-acorn_n_5657645.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...