Skip to main content

Hillary Clinton teaches Lindsey Graham how to send emails

Feeling embarrassed after admitting to the world he had never sent an email, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham has reportedly asked former First Lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to teach him lessons on how to do so.

When I spoke with the South Carolina senator, he confirmed the matter, saying, "Oh, dear golly, gosh, me. I can't wait to place my fingers on that big, long black thing with lots of buttons while I look at that TV screen looking deal to see if I pressed all the right buttons. I remember a day back in college when this nice young man pressed all my right buttons, but that was a long, long time ago. Gosh, does anyone have a fan? It's suddenly getting mighty hot in here! Whew... Anyway, where was I?"

Also, when asked if he had ever used a computer before, Senator Graham said this: 

"Oh, sure. Well, I call it my solitary filing station. It's where I play that card game 'solitary' and file my nails in between games. I mean, what else is it good for, you know?"

Upon hearing these comments, Hillary Clinton wasn't pleased, saying, "Jesus Christ! I told him I'd give him one five-minute lesson and that was it! I mean, it's not rocket science, brain surgery, or climate-change denial or anything! I bet you the guy hasn't even heard of Facebook!"

When I caught up with the South Carolina senator to ask him that very question, he responded with, "Face what? Facebook? Can I check that out at the library or something? What's it about? Faces, I'm guessing?"

It's being rumored that if Linda Blair had seen Ms. Clinton's eyes roll in response to Graham's comment, even she would have been impressed.

Update: Hillary Clinton has just finished teaching her seventh how-to-send-an-email lesson to Lindsey Graham. 

After finishing this lesson, Ms. Clinton told me, "Well, he can turn the computer on properly about 75% of the time now, so that's a start."

Senator Graham's mind was elsewhere, however, as he told me, "You know, some people's mission is to find that Waldo person. For me? My ultimate mission is to find and check out Facebook at a library! I'm 0 for 24 so far, but it's gonna happen one of these days I tell ya!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...