Skip to main content

Tom Cotton won't be teaching world geography any time soon

Arkansas Senator and man front and center of the not-fully-accurate-yet-still-condescending-U.S. Constitution-lecture-to-Iran letter - Tom Cotton - engaged in the following back-and-forth with Face the Nation host Bob Schieffer on CBS regarding the matter over the weekend:

Schieffer: "What do you want to happen here? What is your alternative here? Let's say that the deal falls through, then what?"

Cotton: "Well, as Prime Minister Netanyahu said, the alternative to a bad deal is a better deal. The Iranians frequently bluff to walk away from the table. If they bluff this week, call their bluff. The Congress stands ready to impose much more sever sanctions. Moreover we have to stand up to Iran's attempts to drive for regional dominance. They already control Tehran, increasingly they control Damascus and Beirut and Baghdad and now Sana'a as well. They do all that without a nuclear weapon. Imagine what they would do with a nuclear weapon."

Iran already controls Tehran, eh? Tehran is the capital city of Iran, slick. Based on this quote, I predict the Arkansas senator will utter the following statements at some point during his political career:

- "The longest flight I was ever on had to have been when I flew from Dublin to Ireland. I remember waking up, looking around, and asking everyone, 'Are we there yet?'"

- "The Red Lights District is in Hoover Dam, right?"

- "Where's China again? Next to Sweden and Cuba, those other communist countries, right?"

- "The worst experience I had in a foreign country had to have been when I went to Austria. Everyone was so rude to me when I kept saying things like, 'Good day, mate' and 'Where can I find Crocodile Dundee?'"

- "I think the coolest road trip I was ever on was back in college when my buddies and I drove all the way through Little Rock to get to Arkansas. Talk about crazy, right?!?"

Yeah, crazy, that's the first word that comes to mind here...

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/03/15/3633912/tom-cotton-alarmed-capital-iran-controlled-iran/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...