Skip to main content

My new favorite show - "Angie Tribeca" (UPDATE)

Starting at 9 pm EST on TBS last night premiered the new series, Angie Tribeca, a satire on cop shows, starring Rashida Jones and created by Steve and Nancy Carell. It debuted in an unusual fashion, as all of season 1's ten episodes were displayed five times a piece in a 25-hour binge-a-thon (ending tonight at 10 pm EST). For anyone who appreciates Airplane!, The Naked Gun, Mel Brooks, and/or Police Squad, I'd highly recommend giving this show a gander. From the first scene of the debut show onward, I've been hooked, seriously hope season 2 will air before long, and that the show lasts several seasons.

Like in Airplane! and The Naked Gun, Angie Tribeca combines visual gags with deadpan humor to remarkable effect. The jokes come at the viewer so quickly and in such abundance, one will likely have to rewatch the episodes to catch them all. Between over-the-top material showcasing the absurdity of American cop shows to illustrating how little (literal) sense most clichés make to jokes so random, one has to wonder how high and/or sleep-deprived the writers were when concocting them, the show has it all from a humor perspective. So long as one doesn't have a stick up their butt when viewing this show, I'd have to believe they'd find it amusing as well.

If any readers have missed out on the marathon and are curious to view an episode or ten, you can check them out at the following link:

http://www.tbs.com/shows/angie-tribeca.html

UPDATE: Okay then... When TBS started saying NEW episodes were going to start airing as of Monday, January 25th, I took that to mean the second season would be starting then, since they'd already aired the entirety of the first season. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case, as the pilot aired last night (again) and I'm now uncertain when season 2 will begin airing. Dadgummit!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/05/entire-first-season-of-angie-tribeca-to-debut-via-marathon-season-2-ordered

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...