Skip to main content

Mad Libs featuring Sarah Palin

Did you hear Sarah Palin's seemingly drunken endorsement speech for Donald Trump the other day? Were you also left speechless, pondering to yourself, "What in the hell did she just say? I thought she was all about English being this country's national language..."? If that was the case, and like me, you immediately reached for some pain-killers five seconds into Palin's lecture on word salad, click on the following link to have a little fun with her speech via a Mad Lib:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sarah-palin-donald-trump_us_569fbb79e4b0a7026bf9cd33

Here's how my first attempt at a Sarah Palin Mad Lib worked out:

"Thank you so much. It's so great to be here in outhouse (place). We're here just thawing out. Todd and I and a couple of our bifocals (plural noun) here from crackhouse (place), lending out support for the next president of Hooters (place), Donald J. Trump. Are you ready to make Drive-inn theater (place) great again? We all have a part in this. We all have a responsibility. Looking around at all of you; you loony (adjective) Iowa condoms (plural noun), you Busch Light cans (plural noun) and all-you-can-eat buffets (plural noun) and teamsters and cops and cooks; you rockin' rollers and holy rollers! All of you who work so hard, you full-time moms, you with the hands that fornicates (present-tense verb) the cradle. You all make the world go round and now our cause is one. Things are gonna change under Humpty Dumpty (name). So, it can be an unbeatable team with fighters there in the House and the Senate. Yeah, our leader is a little bit different. He's a toothpick (singular noun). Not that there's anything wrong with that. But, it's amazing, he is not moronic (adjective) at all. Oh, I just hope you all get to know him more and more as a person and a eyepatch (singular noun). Iowa, you say a lot being here tonight, supporting the right man who will allow you to make America inebriated (adjective) again. God bless you! God bless cave (place) and our next president of the United States, The Dude (name)!"

Sadly, that may have made slightly more sense than Palin's actual speech...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...