Skip to main content

The rationale of a RWNJ

Last night, I posted an article with the following headline on my Twitter page:

"Track Palin, son of Sarah Palin, allegedly batters girlfriend, waves AR-15 around during drunken fight."

How did one right-wing nut job respond to the headline? Oh, just by saying this:

"Oh yeah?!? Well, Obama wasn't even born in this country!"

No, I'm not sure what her point was either... There was absolutely no connection between the article and the debunked claim that President Obama wasn't born in the United States of America. That's what's called a red herring, perhaps the all-time reddest of herrings...

Given this woman's nonsensical response to the before-mentioned headline, expect for her to respond as follows to future headlines:

Headline: Fast and Furious 197 breaks box-office records

Her response: "Obama and all other Muslims are taking over this country!"


Headline: Expect snow across the country this Christmas

Her response: "Come and take my gun, Obama! I dare you!"


Headline: Getting close to a cure for all cancers

Her response: "Obama's dictatorship is worse than Hitler's!"


Headline: Mass shooting at Texas airport

Her response: "Global warming is the biggest hoax in history!"


Headline: Strong earthquake rattles Nepal

Her response: "I've got three words: Obamacare!"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/01/19/sarah_palin_s_son_track_arrested_for_domestic_violence_in_alaska.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...