Skip to main content

If Donald Trump described himself to a sketch artist...

After likely Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton poked fun of presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump's "thin skin" during a foreign policy speech, Trump responded with this while talking to CNN's Jake Tapper:

"Well, I don't have thin skin. I have very strong and thick skin. If you do a report and it's not necessarily positive but, you're right, I never complain. I do complain when it's a lie or when it's wrong."

Is it just me or is Donald Trump Mr. Superlative when talking about himself? The guy has never been coined as detail-oriented, for his vague rhetoric makes Cheech and Chong come across like Emily Dickinson. However, when he talks about himself, he's less coy about using superlative adjectives than Wayne LaPierre is of making out with his pistol at a drive-in movie theater.

Mr. Trump, has anyone ever told you that you have small hands?

"Look at these massive things. Are they small? I don't think so."

What about the size of your manhood?"

"I've never had a problem with that, believe me."

Some like to tease you for your simplistic speeches. Would you care to respond?

"I have the best words."

Think you're thin-skinned at all?

"I have very thick and strong skin."

Can you imagine if Trump were forced to provide a description of himself over the phone to a sketch artist? Here's how I think the conversation would go:

Sketch artist Earvin Marker: "So, to make this work, you're going to have to be as detailed as you can, okay?"

Donald Trump: "Absolutely"

Marker: "Good, so describe yourself for me..."

Trump: "I'm big, handsome, and just unbelievable."

Marker: "I'm gonna need more detail than that..."

Trump: "Well, when I say big, I don't mean like fat big. I mean big like manly big, bigly big. I'm also the best looking man in the world. It's just unbelievable, unbelievable, Earvin."

Marker: "Let's try to go about this a different way. Describe your hair to me..."

Trump: "It's beautiful hair, tremendous, the best hair like ever."

Marker: "What about your eyes, ears, and nose?"

Trump: "Perfect - all three of them"

Marker: "Wait, three what? Three eyes? Three ears? Three noses?"

Trump: "No, the three things you said..."

Marker: "Yeah, eyes, ears, and nose."

Trump: "Right, them"

Marker: "Alrighty then... How about describing your smile?"

Trump: "Just fantastic"

Marker: :: sighs :: "Okay, what about your build? Your physique?"

Trump: "I'm like frickin' yuge, okay? Not fat, but yuge!"

Marker: "...and you said you have large hands, correct?"

Trump: "Frickin' massive! Big hands, big feet, big, you know..."

Marker: "Ego?"

Trump: "How'd you know his name?"

Marker: "Seriously?"

Trump: "Yeah, I named him after that dude in Ghostbusters."

Marker: "You mean Egon?"

Trump: "No, Ego. I also love waffles and am always telling my wife, 'Lego my Ego'."

Marker: "'Leggo my Eggo'?"

Trump: "No, what's that?"

Marker: "Whatever... I think we're done here. Do you have any final words you feel could help me with this sketch?"

Trump: "Yeah, just simply that I am the greatest."

Marker: "Wasn't it Muhammad Ali who said that?"

Trump: "Who?"

Marker: "Oh, nothing..."

Trump: "I am the smartest. I have the best words."

Marker: "Obviously, as this deformed stick figure I've drawn of you showcases..."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-defends-his-skin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...