Skip to main content

#TrumpBookReports

I had some fun with the trending hashtag #TrumpBookReports on Twitter yesterday. Here are my posts, ordered from the most to the least popular (all my tweets can be seen here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) "I read letters, sentences, words. I read the best words, believe me."
#TrumpBookReports
272 Likes, 71 Retweets

2) "This was the most inspiring book of all-time. I want to be as orange as clockwork when I grow up."
#TrumpBookReports
200 Likes, 52 Retweets

3) "This grade is going to be rigged. I didn't read the book, didn't even try, but the school is out to get me. Period!"
#TrumpBookReports
118 Likes, 41 Retweets

4) "I know more about killing mockingbirds than anyone else, believe me. Now where'd I put my squirt gun?"
#TrumpBookReports
99 Likes, 25 Retweets

5) "False advertising! I went to Sherwin Williams and there were less than fifty shades of this crap, like seriously!"
#TrumpBookReports
65 Likes, 13 Retweets

6) "This Cliff really knows what he's talking about! I need to start writing notes like him!"
#TrumpBookReports
53 Likes, 10 Retweets

7) "Pathetic. Give me 5 minutes and I could write a more better book than this."
#TrumpBookReports
48 Likes, 9 Retweets

8) "2b or not 2b? I didn't know that Shakestein dude wrote Algebra books!"
#TrumpBookReports
41 Likes, 13 Retweets

9) "Two words: I liked it."
#TrumpBookReports
47 Likes, 6 Retweets

10) "Gatsby sucks. It's a disaster, folks. I'm gonna make it great again, believe me."
#TrumpBookReports
38 Likes, 8 Retweets

11) "There was lots of war and lots of peace. The end."
#TrumpBookReports
35 Likes, 10 Retweets

12) "I have a feeling this book is like my autobiography, for I have bigly amounts of pride in my prejudices."
#TrumpBookReports
28 Likes, 12 Retweets

13) "What we should do is make Mexicans build a yuge bookstore, have them pay for it, and then send them back. Just sayin'!"
#TrumpBookReports
24 Likes, 11 Retweets

14) "This author is wrong. He doesn't know what he's talking about. Google Webster and you'll see, people. I guarantee it."
#TrumpBookReports
27 Likes, 4 Retweets

15) "It started with 'a,' ended with 'z,' but I stopped on the word 'bigly'."
#TrumpBookReports
20 Likes, 8 Retweets

16) "There was a little bit of this, a little bit of that, a little bit of the other. You know what I'm talkin' about, right?"
#TrumpBookReports
18 Likes, 5 Retweets

17) "I hitchhiked from the galaxy one time. That was interesting. My folks Vlick and Xenu stayed home, though."
#TrumpBookReports
15 Likes, 5 Retweets

18) "Sex ed is so pointless. I mean, this chick had a baby without doing the deed. Jesus! Two mini-thumbs up anyway."
#TrumpBookReports
12 Likes, 4 Retweets

Totals: 1,195 Likes, 307 Retweets (Averages of 66.4 Likes, 17.1 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...