Skip to main content

Douche of the Week: Eric Porterfield

Republican West Virginia delegate Eric Porterfield has come under fire for his recent comments about the LGBTQ community. For those of you who have never heard of him, it's probably all for the best, because the guy is as good as resigned at this point.

Over the past week, Porterfield has made the following comments on multiple occasions:

- "The LGBTQ - not homosexual, but the LGBTQ - is the closest thing to political terrorism in America."

- "The LGBT is the most socialist group in this country. They do not protect gays. There are many gays they persecute if they do not line up with their social ideology."

- "The LGBTQ is a modern day version of the Ku Klux Klan, without wearing hoods with their antics of hate."

- "Let me very clear with my statement, the LGBTQ - not homosexuals - are the modern day version of the Ku Klux Klan."

- "They are socialist in nature, they exercise economic extortion, they terrorize and frighten people such as myself, even with a severe disability, with threats and intimidation."

First off, does Eric Porterfield know what LGBT(Q) stands for? Lesbians Gays Bisexuals Transgenders (and Queers). Homosexuals are included in this initialism. What Porterfield is essentially saying is, "Let me be very clear with my statement; Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders, and Queers - not homosexuals - are the modern day version of the Ku Klux Klan." That'd be like him saying, "Darker skinned people like Kevin Hart, Denzel Washington, Michael Jordan, and Beyoncé - not blacks - are tearing apart this country." Either Porterfield doesn't know what LGBT(Q) stands for or he doesn't know the definition of homosexual. Either way, he's an ignoramus.

Not only that, but Mr. Porterfield showcases his stupidity by comparing the LGBT community to the KKK. They're antonymous than synonymous. The KKK tried to quash the rights and livelihoods of blacks, whereas LGBT members and advocates are trying to establish equality for the community. That'd be like Porterfield calling civil rights leaders Nazis. It doesn't make sense on any level, makes him sound like he has an IQ in the single digits, and I honestly feel sorry for any and all people he represents, because an elderly brain-dead donkey in a coma could do a better job than he can.

So congratulations, Eric Porterfield! You have earned my award for Douche of the Week! Perhaps you should resign before racking up a few more of these. Just sayin'...

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/gop-lawmaker-under-fire-after-calling-lgbtq-groups-modern-day-n970231

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...