Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 13 of the NFL season

In Week 13 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ...there are three guarantees in life: death, taxes, and Andy Reid winning after bye weeks.

- ...the Detroit Lions have proven, if you believe in yourself, and are facing a prevent defense in a goal-to-go situation, anything is possible.

- ..., if Santa really is the ultimate gift-giver, he is in fact black, and goes by the name Lamar Jackson.

- ...Joe Mixon even fumbles in touch-football.

- ..., based on their performance Sunday night against the Denver Broncos, it's become apparent the Kansas City Chiefs receivers are serious investors in Butterfingers.

- ..., given his seeming obsession with "Top Gun," the question now is, "Will the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback wind up being Maverick Minshew or Goose Minshew?" Too soon?

- ..., since it was the Green Bay Packers' bye-week, this was the only week of the season where Dr. Aaron Rodgers only passed COVID on Sunday.

- ..., if Jimmy Garoppolo starred in a porno, it would inevitably be called, "This Is the Wrong Hole, Isn't It?"

- ...the New Orleans Saints quarterback's new nickname should be Toddler Taysom, for he's more guilty of picks than a 3-year-old.

- ...Los Angeles Chargers head coach Brandon Staley, up 8 in the 4th quarter, decided to go for 2 after scoring a touchdown. Next Gen analytics apparently says, "After scoring a touchdown, always go for the field goal."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...