Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 16 of the NFL season

In Week 16 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ...the Cowboys' beat-down of the Washington Football Team (WFT) was so bad, WFT has been forced to drop the "F" from its name.

- ..., if things continue at their current pace, the New Orleans Saints will start left guard Calvin Throckmorton behind center next week.

- ...the Carolina Panthers have successfully disproven one-third of Flonase, for the combination of Cam Newton and Sam Darnold has shown that 2 really isn't greater than 1.

- ...the Los Angeles Chargers are less predictable than a David Lynch film set in Nebraska during tornado season.

- ..., if Baker Mayfield had one more pick against the Green Bay Packers on Saturday, he would have had a handful of snot.

- ..., due to their game on Sunday, police officers will now tell drivers to utter the phrase "Sucky Seahawks collapse in snowy Seattle on Sunday" five times fast when giving sobriety tests.

- ...the only people who cared about the Detroit/Atlanta and Jacksonville/NY Jets games besides their fans were... Just kidding; they don't have any fans.

- ..., due to his propensity to start strong and end poorly, Kliff Kingsbury shall now be nicknamed the Hungover Hare.

- ...the Baltimore Ravens' defense is so bad, team fanboy Ray Lewis murdered them on social media.

- ...Ben Roethlisberger runs like a gazelle...if that gazelle had one leg, were intoxicated, and went by the name Stumbles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...