Skip to main content

Hank Williams Jr. should write a new song, called, "Are You Ready For Some Stupid?"

I'm always ready for some football, but am rarely ever ready to hear the ignorant sludge which is consistently spewed from Hank Williams Jr.'s mouth.

Williams came under fire last year for comparing President Obama to Hitler (and when asked about who the enemy of the country was, he responded with, "Obama and Biden - the three stooges!") and as a result, saw his Monday Night Football song pulled due to his asinine comment(s).

He's in the news again for making some lovely comments at the expense of the president. Toward the tail-end of his performance Friday night at the Iowa State Fair Grandstand, Williams said the following - "We've got a Muslim president who hates farming, hates the military, hates the U.S. and we hate him!"

Just last month, in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Williams said, "We've got a President that does a call to the Koran or Mecca or whatever."

In the same interview, when he was asked  if he felt President Obama hated this country, he responded with, "I don't know about that but it's kind of obvious. I guess when you take a tour, a world tour, to apologize for America."

I'm beginning to think Hank did twenty too many drugs in his day and it's finally catching up with him. I'll attempt to correct Williams' mathematical error of referring to the current president and vice president as the three stooges. Based on what he and these other two gentleman have stated in recent days and weeks about the president, I believe we can now safely say we have indeed found the three stooges: Hank Williams, Jr., Dave Mustaine and Ted Nugent. If only they began poking each other in the eyes and smacking one another across the head, it'd perfect the image.

So, "Are You Ready For Some Stupid?" If so, I suggest you listen to ol' Hank very closely. If not, I suggest you tune your attention elsewhere...anywhere else...well, besides in the direction of Mustaine or Nugent.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/18/hank-williams-jr-obama-is-muslim-hate_n_1804184.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...