Skip to main content

Nothing new to report here, but Skip Bayless is a tool...

ESPN commentator (I will never refer to him as an analyst), Skip Bayless, was at it again on Monday - meaning, he was making yet another outrageous comment that even made deaf, blind mimes say, "What the hell?"

Bayless, the same guy who bashes LeBron James more than Snoop Dogg smokes grass and praises Tim Tebow more than Tebow praises Jesus, made the following comment with regard to Washington Redskins' rookie quarterback, Robert Griffin III, on Monday's First Take:

"I'm going to throw it out there. You also have the black-white dynamic and the majority of Redskins fans are white. And it's just human nature, if you're white to root for the white guy. It just happens in sports. Just like the black community will root for the black quarterback. I'm for the black guy. I'm just saying, I don't like the dynamic for RG3. It could stunt his growth in the NFL."

First off, Skip's following claim I find to be rather humorous on a certain level: "White fans of the Redskins don't want a black quarterback."

Now, if only we could somehow integrate Snooki and her orange skin into the equation...

In all seriousness, though - Skip Bayless is once again off the mark and his statement is borderline racist. If Bayless was being honest on how he determines who to root for - their skin color - he must have been quite perplexed during the Olympics.

When the U.S. Men's basketball team played Lithuania, I'm sure Bayless went back and forth on which way to lean:

"Go U.S.A! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! Wait, that was a nice shot by the white guys! Nice going! They're white just like me! Go team, go! Wait - that's not the U.S.! Crap! Go both teams! Woo-hoo!"

Douchebag I mean, Skip - what fans care about most is winning. It doesn't matter if their team is being led by someone who is black, white or in between, so long as they're leading their team to victories. I'm an Atlanta Braves fan. Do I really care who hits the game-winning home run for them? No, of course not. Will I be more ecstatic if Brian McCann (who may be pastier than myself) gets the game-winning hit than Jason Heyward (who is slightly darker than myself)? No, of course not. I can guarantee that if Griffin III provides excitement for the Washington franchise with his play and leads the team to steady improvement in terms of offensive production and victories, the fans will embrace him. With regard to Bayless, I can guarantee that a majority of people, regardless of race, when asked what word first comes to mind when they hear the name Skip Bayless, will respond with one of three answers - Tool, douchebag or who?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/20/skip-bayless-kirk-cousins-rg3-white-redskins-fans_n_1813047.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...