Skip to main content

Credit cards are officially more deadly than guns...

"Guns don't kill people, credit cards do!" This is basically what Auburn Republican Dan Dumaine recently stated.

In response to the state's Democratic-controlled House voting to ban concealed weapons from its chamber, Dumaine said, "A holstered gun is not a deadly weapon. ...But anything can be used as a deadly weapon. A credit card can be used to cut somebody's throat."

Really? We're now comparing credit cards to guns? What will we compare to guns next? Here is a list of suggestions I have for far-right gun enthusiasts and what I imagine their rationale would be:

Paper - "Paper cuts are more deadly than gun shot wounds! You can also make a paper airplane and poke someone's eye out with that thing! Guns aren't dangerous! Paper are, I mean is, wait - is it is or are? Whatever."

Purse - "Have you ever seen an angry woman with a purse? They're the number one cause for concussions in males who don't play football. It's even worse when a woman busts out her purse in icy conditions. With one smack of a guy's head, that purse can send the guy to certain death, as he is backed up a few feet and then slips on some ice, before his head makes contact with the pavement. Guns are dangerous? Ha! Purses are more dangerous than guns!"

Socks - "Not only can socks smell bad, but they can result in death under certain circumstances. Other than placing them on our feet, what are socks most used for? Shoving into people's mouths and making people choke on the stench! Plug a person's nose while doing this and they will meet their ultimate doom. It's a scientific fact - socks are more dangerous than guns!"

Toilet-paper roll - "What's more dangerous? Shooting a bullet out of a gun or smacking or throwing a toilet-paper roll at someone? A toilet-paper roll can leave some serious marks and if it's shot out of a gun, can kill a person. Like I always say, guns aren't dangerous, toilet-paper rolls are, especially if they're shot out of guns!"

http://www.concordmonitor.com/home/3585350-95/ban-gun-republican-committee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...