Skip to main content

Obama's traits and attributes Republicans bash the most

It humors me to hear die-hard conservatives bash President Obama, not on his policies, but on his personality and demeanor. Between this and their seeming love of rumors and conspiracy theories, it has led me to strike the facepalm pose on more than 1,319 occasions. The number one sign that a person listens to too much talk radio and/or watches too much cable "news" (especially of the Fox variety) and doesn't have a strong argument of which they're aware is they resort to criticizing a person's personality and demeanor, while hurling rumors and conspiracy theories faster than a meteorologists change their forecasts.

I've already gone into great detail about the rumors and conspiracy theories that have been spread about the president in the first book of this series. So what is it about President Obama the person that many on the far right have such a problem with?

I think the four such traits and attributes these conservatives cite more than any others are that Obama is: Arrogant, elitist (or intellectual), too nice, and difficult (or uncompromising).

So, let's think about this for a second, shall we? Looking at these words just on the surface, how then do conservatives want the president to appear and behave? They're essentially saying that the president thinks too highly of himself, is quite intelligent, is too kind in general, yet too mean when trying to work with Republicans in Congress. So, these Republicans are essentially saying they'd rather the leader of this country not think very highly of himself, not be very intelligent, be tough, yet give in to Republicans in Congress.

Yes, that makes perfect sense! As I've always said this side of never, "I want a president who is on anti-depressants, has suicidal tendencies, and possesses an IQ which borders on 'special'!" I'm sure many others feel this way too, as showcased in this fictional dialogue I'm about to present you:

Surveyor Ken Schwartz: "What is the number one trait or attribute you most want to see in a person running for President of the United States of America?"

Bob Bobson: "That he's stupid!"

Gloria Taint: "That he thinks he's stupid!"

Chuck Strong: "That he's an asshole to most, but a gentleman to Congress!"

Yes, judging by these criticisms, the following combination would depict the perfect president in the eyes of these very Obama-bashing Republicans:

- the attitude and self-esteem of Debbie Downer

- the IQ of Forrest Gump

- the image of Chuck Norris to all the world outside of Washington, D.C.

- the image of a teddy bear to Congress

Yeah, that sounds like the perfect president to me as well. It's truly a shame that the current president is confident, smart, kind, and doesn't always give in to the opposing party's wishes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...