Skip to main content

New Hampshire state Senator Andy Sanborn cracks a joke about the San Francisco plane crash

Wanna see an example of a man who is filled with both a tremendous amount of class and a great sense of humor? Then look no further than Republican New Hampshire state senator Andy Sanborn.

While engaging in a discussion with former state Senator Ray White on WTPL-FM in Concord, New Hampshire, Sanborn said the following when he compared this past weekend's plane crash in San Francisco, which killed two people and injured over 180 others, to Obamacare:

"Now that this thing (Obamacare) is barreling down on us like a jet landing into San Francisco, it's (Sanborn laughs) it should make people really concerned."

The state putz, I mean senator, then told WMUR.com that he had no recollection of making such a comment. The tape was then played for him and he responded by saying, "If I offended anyone, I am sorry."

"If" he offended anyone, he's sorry. Yeah, that's the sign of a genuine apology right there - and don't worry, senator, your cracking a joke and laughing about two people whom were killed and 180 others whom were injured didn't offend a single person.

While he's at it, Mr. Sanborn might as well continue his offensive-not-meant-to-be-offensive comedy tour with the following bits and sincere "apologies":

Sanborn comedy: "Obamacare is going to pound us harder than that woman who was raped in town last week!"

Sanborn apology: "If I offended anyone, I am sorry."


Sanborn comedy: "Obamacare is going to come firing at us harder than the bullets in Newtown!"

Sanborn apology: "If I offended anyone, I am sorry."


Sanborn comedy: "Obamacare is going to cause more destruction than terrorists did to the Twin Towers on 9/11!"

Sanborn apology: "If I offended anyone, I am sorry."


From this point forward, if Mr. Sanborn so much as speaks, he should immediately follow his inevitably stupid commentary by saying, "If I opened my mouth, I am sorry." Yes, as are we all...

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/07/10/2276581/new-hampshire-republican-compares-obamacare-to-deadly-san-francisco-crash/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/09/andy-sanborn-new-hampshire-obamacare_n_3570495.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...