Skip to main content

Father Paul (Ron) comes to son's rescue!

Two of the early favorites to represent the Republican Party in the 2016 presidential election - Chris Christie and Rand Paul - have been going going at it in recent weeks - with Christie criticizing Paul's libertarian leanings and Paul criticizing Christie for allegedly being about big government. Well, Rand needn't worry anymore, because his father and former Republican candidate in just about every presidential primary since 2000 it seems - Ron Paul - has made his voice known on the matter.

Speaking with Neil Cavuto on Fox News, the elder Paul had this to say on the recent bickering between his son and Christie:

"That would be safe to say (about not being a Christie fan). He's not going to have a change of heart. He's a big government person. It would be similar to the last go-around. I couldn't endorse our candidate. ... I don't like the bickering back and forth. I think it was significant debate -- one person blasting those of us who believe in liberty and saying you shouldn't be that critical of government. That is significant, but still again two politicians going at it. I would much rather talk about why we should have a Fed or why we shouldn't."

Yes, because in the world of Ron Paul and those like him, any government constitutes as big government!

If Rand Paul does in fact run for the presidency in 2016, it's nice to know he'll have quite the staunch supporter in his father. Ron will likely have a weekly segment on his coming how titled, "In Defense of My Son - Little Randy." During this segment, it's all but inevitable Paul will utter the following lines:

- "Chris Matthews... I heard what you said about my son. You're grounded!"

- "Ed Schultz - why don't you pick on someone your own size, huh?"

- "Ms. Maddow - you've been a bad girl! Go to your room!"

- "Mr. Sharpton, I would have smacked you with a belt if you were my son and I heard you say such things about another child! But, you're not, so I'm going to smack you upside the head for saying that stuff about my son!"

- "Jon Stewart - I used to like you, but not anymore after hearing you badmouth my son. That's it! I've had it! No more allowance for you!"

- "Yeah, this goes out to that French guy on Comedy Central - Colbert. You have absolutely no right to tease my son's pube-like hair - I mean, you have no right to claim he has pube-like hair! That's immature, not at all funny, and just downright cruel! Now go and stand in the corner and I'll call and let you know when you can come out."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/13/ron-paul-chris-christie_n_3748464.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...