Skip to main content

KFC's New Hot Shot Bites

I'm not a big fan of fast food. Perhaps it's because when I was in college, I ate the stuff every day and my weight and overall well-being suffered as a consequence. After learning how to moderate my consumption of such food and losing 45 lbs., however, I will get a craving for it every now and again (once a month) - usually in the form of Culver's. Upon seeing the recent KFC ads for their new Hot Shot Bites dish, though, I suddenly had an urge to give that a gander. If there's one thing I love, it's spicy food, and after reading a couple of reviews on the dish which laid claim that it was by far and away the spiciest meal on the KFC menu, that finally pushed me over the edge to get my monthly fast-food meal.

After trying the Hot Shot Bites, I'd have to say for a fast food meal, it's pretty darn good as well as quite spicy. No, I don't have a craving for it every day now or anything. I only get that with Indian food. However, the one or two times a month I get a fast-food craving, I'm now going to be hard-pressed whether to take my services to Culver's or make my mouth burn just a bit with KFC's Hot Shot Bites. If you like spicy food and your stomach can handle fried fast-food every now and again, I'd recommend giving this new KFC dish a try. If not, then I'd probably stay as far away from it as possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...