Skip to main content

A Rocky Mountain High - Literally!

With marijuana being legalized in Colorado for recreational use, I can see the following event unfolding at some point:

Setting: A cop pulls someone over going 25 mph on the interstate

::the driver lowers his window and a cloud of smoke comes out::

Officer Robert Munchy: ::coughs:: "Have you been smoking the weed tonight, sir?"

Fernando Bong: "Why would you think that, man?"

Officer Munchy: "Could you step out of the vehicle please, sir?"

Fernando: "Sure, I can. I have the ability to, man. But do you like mean, 'Can I' or 'Will I,' you know?"

Officer Munchy: "Get out of the car."

Fernando: "For sure, dude"

Officer Munchy: "Okay, for our first test, I'm going to show you a doughnut, and let's just see what happens, shall we?"

Fernando: "Far out"

Officer Munchy: ::holds the doughnut out for a couple of seconds before eating it::

Fernando: "Wow! Are you high too?"

Officer Munchy: "So, you admit it? I knew it! You're under arrest!"

Fernando: "Whoa! That's so not fair! You get the doughnut and I get arrested?"

Officer Munchy: "That's just too bad, isn't it?"

Fernando: "So, did anyone ever tell you how interesting the lights on police cars are? I mean, just look at them for a minute. That right there symbolizes the meaning of life. It's like experiencing God and nature and everything around us are in those lights right in front of us, and..."

Officer Munchy: ::uncuffs Fernando:: "Please just go... Let this be a warning to you."

Fernando: "But I thought we were talking and bonding and stuff."

Officer Murphy: "Here, have the rest of these doughnuts. Just stop talking."

Fernando: "Don't go! I want to look at the lights some more and talk about factual conspiracy theories!"

Officer Munchy: :walks away and mumbles:: "Geez... I hope my wife and her friends don't start doing this stuff at our place every Wednesday before talking about the books they read. Ugh..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...