Skip to main content

Roger Ailes has a thing with raises or more like, with people raising his thing

Media reporter Gabriel Sherman is about to release a biography about Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, and due to The New York Times getting a sneak peek at the book - The Loudest Voice In The Room - it appears as if controversy is already swirling.

According to Bill Carter and Julie Bosman of The New York Times, one interesting story in the book is this:

"Former employees cited in the book talked of Mr. Ailes's volatile temper and domineering behavior. In one anecdote, a television producer, Randi Harrison, told Mr. Sherman that while negotiating her salary with Mr. Ailes at NBC in the 1980s, he offered her an additional $100 each week 'if you agree to have sex with me whenever I want.'"

Fox News has been quick to respond, as it stated the following:

"These charges are false. While we have not read the book, the only reality here is that Gabe was not provided any direct access to Roger Ailes and the book was never fact-checked with Fox News."

That Fox News quote had me laughing quite a bit, because it unintentionally depicts the Fox News philosophy. They haven't read the book, but will say it's false, because the author didn't fact-check with them. In other words, they didn't fact-check before giving their opinion, and ironically enough, this time it was with regard to fact-checking. Fox News spends more time blasting fact-checkers for being "liberally-biased" than a wannabe-astronaut nymphomaniac says, "Blast off!" when he's done having sex. Going to Fox News for fact-checking would be like going to a convent for an orgy- it's just not going to happen.

In light of this bit of news, rumor has it that Roger Ailes will come out with his own book, aptly titled, Giving A Raise If You Make Me Raise.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/08/book-roger-ailes-_n_4558577.html

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/01/08/business/media/biography-casts-critical-light-on-fox-news-chief.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...