Skip to main content

Mike Huckabee needs to go back to college

During a speech he gave at the Republican National Committee's winter meeting in Washington, former Arkansas Governor and current Fox News puppet Mike Huckabee said this:

"I think it's time Republicans no longer accept listening to the Democrats talk about a 'war on women. The Fact is the Republicans don't have a war on women, they have a war for women, to empower them to be something other than victims of their gender. ... If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it. Let's take that discussion all across America."

Yes, let's take that discussion all across America, Mike. You can claim you're fighting a war for women, all the while attempting to take away their rights, and then for the topper, you can insinuate that women can't control their libido, which is the lone reason for them to take birth-control pills in the first place. I, meanwhile, will tell women they should have their rights expanded, that as a man, I shouldn't have a right to tell them what is best for their bodies, and will illustrate that I'm better educated on the subject by mentioning statistics with regard to women and birth control. For example, close to 60% take birth-control pills for reasons other than pregnancy prevention (or in addition to it). Let's take that conversation on the road and see what women think of the two angles. Call it a hunch, but I have a feeling they'd prefer mine over yours.

What Mr. Huckabee, Rush Limbaugh, and many like-minded individuals don't seem to understand is, just because a woman uses birth-control, that doesn't mean she's promiscuous or even sexually-active. Birth-control pills are used for far more reasons than simply pregnancy prevention. They can be used to treat endometriosis, to help regulate their cycles, etc. I've known virgins whom have been prescribed birth-control pills. Call it a hunch, but I'm not thinking they were promiscuous. In other words, they used these pills for health reasons. What Mike Huckabee and a handful of other Republicans have showcased this week is that they're ignorant about women and women's bodies. They may want to go back to college to take (perhaps re-take) a few courses, such as: Sex ed, anatomy, critical thinking, etc., because they seem to be lacking in education with regard to women like an introverted clown lacks in hot dates.

"...If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it..."

No, Mike, women obviously can't control their libido. That's obviously why, around Christmas time, you see 95% of them rush out to buy their husbands Viagra...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/01/23/huckabee-dems-think-women-cant-control-their-libido/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...