Skip to main content

GOP Presidential Candidates' New Year's Resolutions

With New Year's right around the corner, I thought I'd provide some fitting resolutions for every GOP presidential candidate from this election season (yes, all 17 of them). Here they are in alphabetical order:

Jeb Bush - To not place a "Mission  Accomplished" banner behind him during a speech when he's in 5th place

Ben Carson - To sound more exciting than a passed out Ben Stein when debating

Chris Christie - To release an autobiography, entitled, I'm the Real Godfather, Motherf**kers!

Ted Cruz - To quote every word from the film A Princess Bride while again trying to convince Congress to repeal Obamacare

Carly Fiorina - To write a children's book, entitled, What Planned Parenthood Could Have Done To You

Jim Gilmore - To be known by more than 43 people in the country

Lindsey Graham - To dispel gay rumors by dressing in camo and hunting bears in the woods, all the while fanning himself and singing showtunes

Mike Huckabee - To photoshop all his photos with Josh Duggar by replacing his face with Jared Fogle's

Bobby Jindal - To start a new series, entitled, America's Most Awkward Home Videos

John Kasich - To dedicate the Puddle of Mudd song, "Psycho," to Donald Trump on the radio

George Pataki - To do the inevitable and start a new Italian restaurant

Rand Paul - To write a book, entitled, How To Make Your Hair Like A Chia Pet

Rick Perry - To learn how to count to 5

Marco Rubio - To develop some roadie fangirls who will get him two coolers of water at the snap of his fingers

Rick Santorum - To alter his name to something a little less unsettling for him - Sanitarium

Donald Trump - To start a zoo featuring all the animals that have lived on his head, calling it, "Trump's Dump"

Scott Walker - To renew vows with his wife so long as she swears she would have voted for him had he been the party's nominee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...