Skip to main content

Are we sure Jeb is the smart Bush?

After listening to former President George W. Bush speak for 8 years while in the Oval Office, it was easy to see why he was often labeled as less bright than his brother Jeb. However, after hearing Jeb speak on the campaign trail this year, not to mention in debates, one has to wonder if the gap in intelligence between the two brothers is less than we had originally thought.

The latest such example came at a campaign event in Lexington, South Carolina, where the "brighter" Bush said this:

"In fact when I was governor, in 16 months we had eight hurricanes and four tropical storms. One of them was called Katrina. I don't know why your great state senator reminds me of a hurricane. But she does."

That's right, Jeb Bush basically referred to Democratic South Carolina state Senator Katrina Shealy as Hurricane Katrina. Not only does this look bad from the standpoint Jeb is nicknaming a state senator after one of the most horrific hurricanes to ever hit the United States, it also helps to highlight what was known as one of his brother's biggest failures as president (one of the many). The statement's almost ironically humorous for that very reason. Jeb oftens defends his brother's presidency, yet here he unintentionally reminds the world of one of his brother's biggest failures while in the Oval Office. Way to go, Jeb! While he's at it, he may want to utter the following lines at future campaign events:

- "I bumped into Beyoncé the other day. I guess it was her birthday - September 4th. So I, of course, told her happy birthday, and said, 'You know what? Since it's just a week away, I'm going to start calling you 9/11.' For some reason, she gave me a weird look and walked away. I thought she would've been a lot nicer than that."

- "One of my favorite shows on television is College GameDay with Rece Davis, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstriet, and Desmond Howard. I once emailed Rece and asked if I could be a guest picker on the show one time. In my email, I added, 'You're great, Rece, simply great! Hey, you know what that sounds like? Great Recession, right? Mind if I call you Great Recession from now on?' Oddly enough, he never responded. Just real busy, I guess."

- "I'm not big into the rap, but I like a little N.W.A. every now and again. I'm even a member of their fan club and everything. Well, when my brother was president, I sent a letter to the band about a reunion tour. Included in this letter was a picture of me holding a sign which said, 'N.W.A. = No WMDs'." I received a very profane letter in response a couple weeks later. I felt a little dirty after reading that and decided to go to confession as a result."

Yes, Jeb, he's definitely the smart Bush...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/jeb-bush-nicknames-pol-hurricane-katrina-campaign-event-article-1.2481527

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...