Skip to main content

Colorado state Representative JoAnn Windholz takes awful Planned Parenthood-shooting responses to a new low...

I've got to hand it to Republican politicians, as they have managed to surpass even my lowest of expectations when it comes to their reactions to the shooting at Planned Parenthood last week (yes, my expectations were quite low). Who takes the cake for worst response thus far? None other than Colorado state Representative JoAnn Windholz, who released the following statement to The Colorado Independent:

"Violence – Where it starts.

The freedoms we enjoy in the United States include those that were made up to fit the audience and unsubstantiated numerical support, specifically the right to an abortion. When a violent act happens at a Planned Parenthood (pph) facility (most recent in Colorado Springs) the left goes on 'auto-pilot' blaming everyone insight when they should be looking in a mirror. Free Speech has brought to light the insidious selling of baby body parts (pph has no shame). These facts and overall mission of the abortion industry would easily send anyone over the hill who wasn’t rational.

The 'war on women' is what pph began with Margaret Sanger and it has turned into a war on the family, especially children. It has changed children from a blessing to a commodity making it very hard to consider ourselves to be a civilized respectful rational society.

Violence is never the answer but we must start pointing out who is the real culprit. The true instigator of this violence and all violence at any pph facility, is pph themselves. Violence begets violence. So pph, YOU STOP THE VIOLENCE INSIDE YOUR WALLS. My question is, if abortions were free at pph, how long would they stay in business? Pro-Life organizations offer their caring services saving women and children for free every day and they clean up the mess that pph leaves behind.

Pray Daily for the women who abort, their children, and the providers.
JW"

Representative Windholz appears to be confused, especially when it comes to the word culprit, so allow me to help her with that.

Culprit is defined as "a person who is responsible for a crime or other misdeed."

In other words, the culprit in this case wasn't Planned Parenthood - you know, the organization which was attacked (the victim). The culprit was Robert Lewis Dear, the man who attacked the Colorado Springs family planning facility and killed three, injuring others, in the process.

Ms. Windholz may also need lectures on the following terms: Edit, debunk, fact-check, and mislead. The Planned Parenthood videos to which she's referring were proven to be heavily edited and therefore misleading. It was found Planned Parenthood partook in no illegal activities and baby's body parts were not "sold," as the Colorado state representative and others have claimed.

Lastly, Representative Windholz and others like her are the ones who need to look in the mirror. No, one can't fully blame these Republican politicians' rhetoric for the attack on Planned Parenthood. However, they have to accept the fact their words and constant lies about the family planning organization do influence a number of people, and that perhaps it's time they toned things down a notch with the hyperbolic rhetoric. After all, I thought they were the party of personal responsibility. To the GOP, I guess that means this: "Do as I say, not as I do, but if you do as I say, it's Obama's fault."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/culprit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...