Skip to main content

Snarkily Dissecting a Pro-Trump Facebook Post

I’ve seen this post making the rounds on social-media and decided to snarkily dissect it. Receipts included.

 

“Someone recently asked me why I like Trump. My answer was that I don't really like a lot of things about Trump.”

I’m sensing a “but” coming. Despite the rumors, I don’t care for big buts.

 

“But this election is not about choosing the most likeable person.”

Well, that’s part of it. One reason why Trump “won” in 2016 is because millions of formerly electorally-uninvolved citizens found Trump more likeable than Hillary Clinton. How? I'm not sure, but I digress.

 

“We are voting between two vastly different ideologies. We are voting for the country we want to leave our children and grandchildren.”

Okay, on this we can agree. Please continue…

 

“Trump represents that future and has proven that he can deliver. He is a patriot to the core and even served his country for 4 years without pay.”

Okay, now here is where we disagree, and that’s not necessarily me talking; it’s facts. Donald Trump has NOT proven he can deliver. He can deliver what? Job losses? Pandemic ill-preparedness? Adultery? Felonies? Lies? An expanding disparity in the wage gap? Fraud? Bad odors? Also, let’s not kid ourselves; he didn’t go without pay in his 4 years in the Oval Office. Presidents make $400,000 per year. So, across 4 years, that would be $1.6M. How much money did Trump make in those 4 years? $160M from foreign countries. That presents questions of foreign influence, a conflict of interest, and compromise. In other words, Donald Trump wasn’t a patriot. He was and is a traitor, plain and simple. If you need any more evidence of this, just look at how he’s treated our men and women in uniform. Oh, and then there was that little thing on January 6th

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/trump-made-up-to-160-million-from-foreign-countries-as-president/

 

“That moment when someone says,

‘I can't believe you're voting for Trump’. I simply reply, ‘I'm NOT voting for Trump.’”

Good, that makes two of us. Oh, there’s more? I can’t wait…

 

“I'm voting for the First Amendment and freedom of speech. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored.”

Um, the Constitution is kind of a thing, regardless of who wins the election. Well, that may not be entirely true. Donald Trump has previously called for the elimination of the Constitution, so there’s that. But sure, he’s 100% behind what he wants eliminated, bigly.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/03/politics/trump-constitution-truth-social/index.html

 

“I’m voting for secure borders and LEGAL immigration. I am voting for election integrity to include mandatory voter ID. (Why would anyone vote against this?)”

I find this to be a humorous talking point, because here’s the thing – we had a bipartisan border-security bill on the table, ready to be signed by President Biden. It was coauthored by one of the most conservative members of the Senate, in James Lankford of Oklahoma. Why didn’t it get passed? Because Donald Trump told the Senate to kill it, for fear it would have hindered him politically. That’s it. That’s the story. Donald Trump doesn’t care about our border; he only cares about his political prospects. Period.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/ej-montini/2024/08/22/trump-border-bill-arizona-visit/74898253007/

 

“I'm voting for the Second Amendment and my right to defend my life and my family.”

Okay. How would that change with a vote for Harris/Walz? How many times have Republicans parroted the talking point, “If you vote Democrat, they’ll take away your guns!”? How long has that talking point been repeated to you? …and how many guns have been taken from you during this time? Zero? Well, there you go. Oh, this time will be different, though, right? No, no it won’t.

 

“I'm voting for the police to be respected once again.”

Oh, you mean how MAGA supported the police on January 6th of 2021, by injuring them with a flagpole, leading 4 of them to commit suicide in the weeks and the months following the domestic terrorist attack? Or how Trump has supported law enforcement by disrespecting the law to the tune of 34 felony convictions and 54 additional felony charges?

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/11/how-many-died-as-a-result-of-capitol-riot/

https://ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/politics/2024/04/01/donald-trump-jan-6-police-capitol-attack-biden

 

“I am voting for law & order and an end to allowing protesters to trespass and burn our cities, destroying innocent small business. (Tim Walz)”

In the past year or so, Donald Trump has been convicted of 34 felonies; charged with 54 additional felonies; found liable for fraud; found liable for defamation (twice); and found liable for rape. Voting for Donald Trump for the purpose of law & order would be like voting for Gene Simmons for abstinence.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-charges-conviction-guilty-verdict/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2024/05/31/trump-still-faces-54-more-felony-charges-after-hush-money-verdict/

https://www.reuters.com/legal/judge-set-rule-trumps-370-million-civil-fraud-case-2024-02-16/

https://www.reuters.com/legal/trump-loses-key-ruling-ahead-writer-carrolls-defamation-trial-2023-09-06/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/07/19/trump-carroll-judge-rape/

 

“I am voting for personal responsibility and the end of the revolving door where criminals are being put back on the street. (Kamala Harris)”

Once again, Donald Trump is a felon. He IS the criminal. I don’t know about you, but I’d prefer my leader be a prosecutor, putting criminals away, than the actual criminal.

 

Also, here’s what Trump feel about personal responsibility: “I don’t take responsibility at all.” That may have been one of the only times he’s ever been honest with the American people. The guy thinks he’s above the law. Newsflash: He’s not.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/trump-coronavirus-testing-128971

 

“I'm voting for the next Supreme Court Justice(s) to protect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.”

Once again, Donald Trump has a problem with the Constitution, so no need to repeat myself here. I’ll just say, yet again, I trust a prosecutor to protect the Constitution more than a criminal.

 

“I’m voting for a return of our troops from foreign countries and the end to America’s involvement in foreign conflicts.”

The isolationist route has been historically risky. There are times we need to stand by our allies as they’d do for us. When we stop aiding our allies, we’ll be without allies. No matter how powerful we may believe ourselves to be, when we go alone, as Socrates once said, “We be f*cked.”

 

“I'm voting for the Electoral College and for the Republic in which we live.”

The electoral college is a bigger joke than Dane Cook telling a knock-knock joke. How big of a joke? If the electoral math were consistent for every state, based on the Wyoming model, California would go from being worth 54 electoral votes to 201. One person, one vote. It’s how it is in every other election, across the globe.

 

“I’m voting for the continued appointment of Federal Judges who respect the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.”

The same judges, which Trump appointed and ruled against his election-fraud suits? Sure, I have no problems with that.

Sidenote: As previously mentioned, Donald Trump has called for the elimination of the Constitution. Just sayin’.

 

“I’m voting for keeping our jobs to remain in America and not be outsourced all over the world - to China, Mexico and other foreign countries.”

Agreed. But what has Trump done which would convince anyone he’d crack down on outsourcing? He didn’t in his first term. Outsourcing increased in his first term, from the Labor Department certifying 1,811 petitions, affecting 172,336 jobs in Barack Obama’s second term, to it certifying 1,996 petitions, affecting 184,888 jobs in Donald Trump’s term. So, again, I agree with keeping jobs in the country, but is Donald Trump the one to do it? If history is our guide, the answer to that question is a big NO.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2020-10-22/supply-chains-latest-the-hard-data-on-trump-s-offshoring-record

 

“I am voting for doing away with all of the freebies given to all of the illegals and not looking after the needs of the American citizens and homeless veterans.”

Okay, I can’t really argue with this. The only question is, what are these “freebies” exactly? You’ll need to elaborate. Odds are, if/when you do, I’ll fact-check it and be able to debunk most of the claims.

 

“I'm voting for the military & the veterans who fought for this country”

Donald Trump has zero respect for our men and women who fought/died for our country. Need a rundown on the times he’s insulted them? From POWs to Gold Star families and beyond?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/08/trump-mocked-us-military-troops-losers-whole-life/

 

“I'm voting to keep men out of women's sports.”

This is code for “I’m anti-trans!,” but I’ll play along anyway. There are approximately 226,212 college female athletes. Of these, there are an estimated 40 college trans athletes. I’ll play the averages and say that there are around 30 college transgender-women athletes. That’s 30 out of 226,212 or 1 out of every 7,540. To say this issue, if we want to even call it that, has been blown out of proportion would be the understatement of the year.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2023/3/1/media-center-a-look-at-trends-for-women-in-college-sports.aspx

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/12/sport/naia-ncaa-transgender-ban-sports/index.html

 

“I’m voting for peace progress in the Middle East.”

Israel and Palestine have been at war since the late-1940s, if not earlier. Donald Trump is more likely to need a pacemaker than become a peacemaker.

 

“I’m voting to fight against human/child trafficking.”

Great. Guess what? The fight against human trafficking slowed under Donald Trump. Noticing a trend? Donald Trump has no answers to problems; he just ignores them or exacerbates them.

https://time.com/5905437/human-trafficking-trump-administration/

 

“I'm voting for Freedom of Religion.”

I hate sounding like a broken record, but that specific freedom is noted in the U.S. Constitution, which Donald Trump has talked about eliminating. Oh, and then there was the Muslim ban and his history of anti-Semitic commentary.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/17/trump-muslim-ban-gaza-refugees

https://theweek.com/articles/835714/what-donald-trump-said-about-jews

 

“I am voting for the return of teaching math, history, and science instead of the indoctrination of our children.”

Well, good news for you: Schools are continuing to teach math, history, and science. Winning!

 

“I'm not just voting for one person.”

A horrible person, but sure, go on…

 

“I'm voting for the future of my Country.”

Really? So you want to hand the country to a 34x-convicted felon, fraud, rapist, pathological liar, who cares about no one other than himself? Fantastic.

 

“I'm voting for my children and my grandchildren to ensure their freedoms”

Then you’ll vote for the prosecutor over the felon. Why anyone would trust a criminal when they say, “I’m going to ensure you all maintain your freedoms” is beyond me. The “man” believes he’s above the law; has been convicted of 34 felonies; has been charged with 54 additional felonies; he’s been found liable for fraud on multiple occasions (Trump University, anyone?); he’s been found liable for defamation on two separate occasions; he’s been found liable for raping a woman. Not only that, he’s called for the elimination of the Constitution; he was documented to having lied 30,573 times during his 4 years in office; and he tried to overturn a presidential election, by inciting a domestic terrorist attack on our nation’s Capitol, no less. But yeah, let’s trust him with our freedoms. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-finalizes-25-million-settlement-victims-donald-trumps/story?id=54347237

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

 

“America is the greatest country in the world, hense why everyone wants to immigrate here. So why do you want to change it?”

Well, I’m not sure EVERYONE does, but I won’t argue semantics here. Actually, I will, but on a different topic. So, wait, you don’t want change? You think America is the greatest country in the world? Well, then how come Trump says America is a sh*thole country and needs to be made great again? I’m sensing some conflicting opinions here…

 

“Why do politicians want to enact policies that have failed in other countries throughout history?”

Such as? Again, I’ll need specifics. Odds are, at best, the elaborations will be half-truths, and in desperate need of clarification and fact-checks.

 

“I'm not voting for Trump.”

Thank heavens.

 

“I'm voting for America!”

Well, if you’re voting for America; you can’t vote for Trump. Donald Trump is anti-America. He’s a traitor, who only cares about himself. You can vote for America or vote for Donald Trump, but you can't vote for both - for if you vote for Donald Trump, you're not voting for America.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i