Skip to main content

Another discussion with a Trumper...

It appears I'm a MAGA-magnet this week. I was approached by another Trumper last night. Here was the conversation:

Him: "Are you for Trump?"
Me: No
Him: "Oh, so you're a libturd?"
Me: Sure
Him: "How old are you?"
Me: 43
Him: "Oh, well, you still have years to evolve."
Me: What? To be MAGA? That'd be 'devolve.'
Him: "What's better now than it was 4 years ago? What about the border?"
Me: Actually, our undocumented-immigrant numbers have been incredibly consistent since around 2005, I believe.
Him: "What about now? Hundreds of thousands of immigrants are being flown here every day."
Me: That's not true.
Him: "Well, what's Biden done to help? He has an open-border policy."
Me: No, he doesn't. He fought for a bipartisan border-security bill, which was authored by a conservative Republican. Who killed it? Donald Trump, because he was afraid the passage and signage of it would hurt him politically.
Him: "That's BS."
Me: It's the truth. Feel free to fact-check me on it. I actually encourage you to do so.
Him: "What about violence in cities like Chicago? Shootings happen there all the time. How are we safer under Democrats?"
Me: Actually, and again, I encourage you to fact-check me, violent crime and gun violence increased on Trump's watch and have decreased under Biden. Gun reform works.
Him: "BS"
Me: Fact-check me. Go ahead. I'll wait.
Him: "What about the Obama crisis?"
Me: What Obama crisis?
Him: "His recession in 2008"
Me: He wasn't President in 2008.
Him: "Yes he was."
Me: No. He was elected in 2008. He became President in 2009.
Him: "Semantics"
Me: No, you can't blame a President for something which happened before he was President. That'd be like me blaming Ronald Reagan for the Great Depression.
Him: "Whatever. It was the Democrats - Democratic Presidents who caused the recession."
Me: When the recession hit, a Democrat hadn't been in the White House in 7-8 years.
Him: "Whatever. Are you on welfare?"
Me: Not that it's any of your business, but no.
Him: "What about that crazy abortion sh*t?"
Me: What about it?
Him: "It's just wrong. It's murder and your party supports it, even after birth."
Me: Abortion after murder? Yeah, that's not a thing.
Him: "Yeah, it is!"
Me: No, it's not. How would that work exactly? After a baby is born, how is an abortion possible?
Him: "I don't know; it just is!"
Me: Let me guess; you're not a doctor. Regardless, as men, what business is it of ours to decide what women can and cannot do with their bodies?
Him: "Whatever. Wanna arm wrestle?"
Me: Seriously?
Him: "Yeah, seriously"
His wife: "Please stop"
#MAGACultMoron #VoteBlueAsifYourLivesDependonit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i