Skip to main content

Another discussion with a Trumper...

It appears I'm a MAGA-magnet this week. I was approached by another Trumper last night. Here was the conversation:

Him: "Are you for Trump?"
Me: No
Him: "Oh, so you're a libturd?"
Me: Sure
Him: "How old are you?"
Me: 43
Him: "Oh, well, you still have years to evolve."
Me: What? To be MAGA? That'd be 'devolve.'
Him: "What's better now than it was 4 years ago? What about the border?"
Me: Actually, our undocumented-immigrant numbers have been incredibly consistent since around 2005, I believe.
Him: "What about now? Hundreds of thousands of immigrants are being flown here every day."
Me: That's not true.
Him: "Well, what's Biden done to help? He has an open-border policy."
Me: No, he doesn't. He fought for a bipartisan border-security bill, which was authored by a conservative Republican. Who killed it? Donald Trump, because he was afraid the passage and signage of it would hurt him politically.
Him: "That's BS."
Me: It's the truth. Feel free to fact-check me on it. I actually encourage you to do so.
Him: "What about violence in cities like Chicago? Shootings happen there all the time. How are we safer under Democrats?"
Me: Actually, and again, I encourage you to fact-check me, violent crime and gun violence increased on Trump's watch and have decreased under Biden. Gun reform works.
Him: "BS"
Me: Fact-check me. Go ahead. I'll wait.
Him: "What about the Obama crisis?"
Me: What Obama crisis?
Him: "His recession in 2008"
Me: He wasn't President in 2008.
Him: "Yes he was."
Me: No. He was elected in 2008. He became President in 2009.
Him: "Semantics"
Me: No, you can't blame a President for something which happened before he was President. That'd be like me blaming Ronald Reagan for the Great Depression.
Him: "Whatever. It was the Democrats - Democratic Presidents who caused the recession."
Me: When the recession hit, a Democrat hadn't been in the White House in 7-8 years.
Him: "Whatever. Are you on welfare?"
Me: Not that it's any of your business, but no.
Him: "What about that crazy abortion sh*t?"
Me: What about it?
Him: "It's just wrong. It's murder and your party supports it, even after birth."
Me: Abortion after murder? Yeah, that's not a thing.
Him: "Yeah, it is!"
Me: No, it's not. How would that work exactly? After a baby is born, how is an abortion possible?
Him: "I don't know; it just is!"
Me: Let me guess; you're not a doctor. Regardless, as men, what business is it of ours to decide what women can and cannot do with their bodies?
Him: "Whatever. Wanna arm wrestle?"
Me: Seriously?
Him: "Yeah, seriously"
His wife: "Please stop"
#MAGACultMoron #VoteBlueAsifYourLivesDependonit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...