Skip to main content

Paul Ryan talks about media bias on Fox News

When talking to Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday (yes, it took place on Sunday and on Fox News), Paul Ryan said the following: "I think it goes without saying that there's definitely media bias. We expected media bias going into this."

He then continued, saying, "As a conservative, I've long believed and long felt that there's an inherent media bias. And I think anybody with objectivity would believe that that's the case."

When asked to provide specific examples of such coverage, the Republican Vice Presidential candidate and former cover model for Blind Weekly, could not provide any.

Paul Ryan complaining about media bias on Fox News would be akin to a pimp complaining to his prostitute about the immorality of premarital sex.

It seems as if specifics to Paul Ryan are like World Series titles to the Chicago Cubs. Although, unlike the Cubs, whom are America's lovable loser in baseball - having not won a title since 1908, Ryan's non-specifics  are more annoying than lovable, even to Chris Wallace of Fox News.

I can hear this following exchange between Ryan and a judge:

Ryan: "So, as you can see, your honor - there is bias. This is objective."

Judge Uvegottobefrickingkiddingme: "Can you provide me with at least one specific example of such bias?"

Ryan: "I don't need specifics, your honor. It's objective."

Judge Uvegottobefrickingkiddingme: "I'll need specifics from you if you want to prove that it is objective..."

Ryan: "Do you believe in being objective?"

Judge Uvegottobefrickingkiddingme: "Of course..."

Ryan: "Well then - this is it. This is objective."

Judge Uvegottobefrickingkiddingme: "I'm going to need more than that. Do you have any bit of evidence to prove media bias?"

Ryan: "Yes I do - the media is biased. This is a fact."

Judge Uvegottobefrickingkiddingme: "See my name?"

Ryan: "Judge Uvegottobefrickingkiddingme?"

Judge Uvegottobefrickingkiddingme: "My thoughts exactly."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/01/paul-ryan-media-bias-2012-election_n_1928563.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...