Skip to main content

Ouch! That has to hurt! Longtime George Romney aide criticizes Mitt

Walter De Vries, an aide of George Romney's for seven years in the '60s, just came forward with some interesting commentary regarding George's son and Republican presidential candidate Mitt.

De Vries wrote that Mitt Romney's current campaign is "a far cry from the kind of campaign and conduct, as a public servant, I saw during the seven years I worked in George Romney's campaigns and served him as governor."

He continued with, "While it seems that Mitt would say and do anything to close a deal - or an election, George Romney's strength as a politician and public officeholder was his ability and determination to develop and hold consistent policy positions over his life."

De Vries also seems befuddled on Mitt's claims that his father played a major influence on him throughout his political career, as he said with regard to this, "I just don't see it. Where is it? Is it on issues, no? On the way he campaigns? No. George would never have been seen with the likes of Sheldon Adelson or Donald Trump."

The former George Romney aide also made it known that he intends on voting for Obama over Mitt - George's son - in November.

Well, if that isn't quite the endorsement for President Obama's re-election and quite the blow to Mitt Romney's election bid. Mr. De Vries should further the cause by releasing the following ad:

"I know Mitt Romney. I worked with his father, George, when he was the Governor of Michigan. George Romney was a great man - a man with principles, a man I was proud to work for. If there's one thing I know better than addition, it's that Mitt is nothing like his father. His father was consistent. If Mitt is consistent, my name is Fred Flintstone. But, no, that's not my name. My name is Walter De Vries. I was an aide of George Romney's for seven years in the '60s and will be voting for Barack Obama in November. Mitt Romney's own father would be ashamed of his son, except for his hair, and I'm ashamed for him. I'm Walter De Vries and I approve this message."

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/romney-is-attacked-by-his-fathers-longtime-aide/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...