Skip to main content

The Top Ten Romney Zingers

As has been reported in recent days, it appears as if Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney is focusing his attention more on zingers than anything else in preparation for his first debate with President Obama on Wednesday night.

The following was written in the New York Times on Friday:

"Mr. Romney’s team has concluded that debates are about creating moments and has equipped him with a series of zingers that he has memorized and has been practicing on aides since August. His strategy includes luring the president into appearing smug or evasive about his responsibility for the economy."

In light of this bit of news, I thought I'd be kind and attempt to help out Mr. Romney with these very zingers. 

The Top Ten Romney Zingers

10. ::speaking to Obama:: "Wanna bet? $2 million? $2 million that I have more houses than you?"

9. "I even know gay guys that are jealous of my hair!"


8. "Unlike the President here, the only time I've ever flip-flopped is when I said I didn't, which is what I'm doing right now!"

7. "So what if I don't care about 47% of the country? Only 47% of the country like Obama!"

6. "If either of us is a believer in woman's rights, it's me! As a Mormon and unlike Obama, I believe women should be afforded the right to give their bodies to men with other wives!"

5. "Under this President, the unemployment rate is still above 8%. That's more than I pay in taxes!"

4. "Obama may have killed one bin Laden, but I've killed more jobs!"

3. "Who let the dogs out? Unlike Obama, who was busy eating them, I put mine on the roof of my car!"

2. "Obama says he's creating jobs. Well, Mr. President, I'm unemployed and only making $20 million. Where's my job?"

1. (::drum roll::) "Obamacare? You didn't build that, Mr. President! I did!"

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/in-debate-romney-plans-to-drop-zingers-on

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/us/politics/cramming-and-pruning-for-first-presidential-debate.html?_r=0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...