Skip to main content

Steve King and the Republican Party are dog whisperers

I didn't see the dog memo that has obviously been passed around in Republican circles. Missouri Senatorial candidate Todd Akin recently compared his opponent - Claire McCaskill - to a dog. Now, word has broke that Iowa Congressman Steve King said the following at a town hall in May and just recently stood by those statements, in comparing immigrants to dogs:

"You get the pick of the litter and you got yourself a pretty good bird dog. Well, we've got the pick of every donor civilization on the planet. We've got the vigor from the planet to come to America."

I haven't personally seen this Republican dog memo, but in addition to comparing women and immigrants to them, I have a feeling the following dog comparisons were made in the memo:

Muslims - "Don't Muslims eat dogs? Isn't that what is taught in that book of theirs? The Corn or whatever it's called? Well, you are what you eat, right? So, if that's true, they must be dogs!"

Blacks - "Do you hear how often these people call each other dogs? Especially in rap songs? We need to investigate the matter, because dogs should not have a legal right to vote!"

Atheists - "These people are backwards! They don't believe in God! You know what would be clever? If we reversed God and called these people what they really are - dogs! Get it?"

Gays - "I heard that when they're all alone, the gays will lick their own balls. They're just like dogs!"

Wives - "Even though this will be in the memo, please don't let this leave the room! Why are our wives so much like dogs? They make meals that look like a bag of Beneful. They love to go for walks on the beach. When we chase them for some tail, it appears to get us nowhere. The similarities never end!"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/21/steve-king-immigrants-dogs_n_1998007.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...