Skip to main content

Romney is as smooth as butter...wrapped in barbed wire and filled with rocks

Mitt Romney is back in the news. I know, I missed him too. Mr. 47% himself had the following back and forth with Fox News' Chris Wallace on Sunday:

Romney: "We did very well with the majority population, but not with the minority populations, and that was a failing, that was a real mistake."

Wallace: "Why do you think that was?"

Romney: "Well, I think the Obamacare attractiveness and feature was something we underestimated, particularly among lower incomes. And, uh, just didn't do as good a job in connecting with that audience as we should have."

This man has to be one of the most awkward public speakers in recent memory. The man's words probably makes robots give themselves a facepalm. When he proposed to his wife Ann, I imagine the Mittster did so by saying something like the following:

"Ann, we've been spending a lot of time together over the past however long it's been, and been fornicating quite regularly. When we're together, my heart does something it doesn't normally do and that's beat. So, would you continue to make it beat by getting dressed up in front of family and friends at a church and when asked if you do, say you do, and be with and committed to me for all eternity?"

Mr. Smooth is Mr. Cognizant as well. The guy said, "...And, uh, just didn't do as good a job in connecting with that audience (lower-income individuals) as we should have."

Is he surprised by this? After all, in the run-up to the election, Mr. Smooth said the following:

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48 - he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every four years. And my job is not to worry about those people - I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what it looks like..."

Then four months after the election, Mr. Obvious says this:

"...And, uh, just didn't do as good a job in connecting with that audience (lower-income individuals) as we should have."

If Romney runs for president yet again (for the twelfth time it seems), he should start his campaign by releasing a book entitled, "The 47% - The Low-Income Schmucks I Want To Connect With So They'll Vote For Me." That should definitely give the man an early edge in the election year...

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/03/03/1663671/romney-i-lost-because-minorities-love-obamacare/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/full-transcript-mitt-romney-secret-video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...