Skip to main content

The definition of ignorance - Scott Terry at CPAC

Judging by what I read, CPAC should no longer stand for Conservative Political Action Committee. It should stand for Crazy People Are Coming. This could be seen as a double-entendre, for it could be referring to the people speaking at this gathering or how these people see everyone else.

Last Friday, audience member Scott Terry - a 30-year old from North Carolina - had a few interesting bits of commentary to share with the other audience members, as well as speakers.

After presenter K. Carl Smith of the Frederick Douglass Republicans referenced a letter written by Douglass, where he forgave his former master, Terry blurted out, "For what? For feeding him and housing him?" Sadly, this comment was met with applause and cheers.

Following this back-and-forth, Terry was heard saying, "Why can't we just have segregation?"

Terry wasn't done there. He also said that whites have been "systematically disenfranchised" by the federal government.

When asked if he'd be okay with a society where African-Americans were permanently slaves to their white masters, Terry replied with, "I'd be fine with that."

I wish I was finished, but I'd be leaving out yet another lovely comment by the young man. When a woman challenged him on the roots of the Republican Party, he responded with, "I didn't know the legacy of the Republican Party included women correcting men in public."

...and here the Republican Party wonders why they've struggled earning the votes of women, and especially of minorities...

Whether Scott Terry likes it or not, this country is diverse and becoming progressively more diverse by the year, where in a few years, whites will no longer be the majority. He can deny it all he'd like, and hope that his racist beliefs and commentary will somehow motivate more people of his pasty skin tone to take control of this country by enslaving minorities again. However, the quantity of Caucasians whom don't regularly go around sporting white hoods far outnumbers those, like Mr. Terry, who do. So, don't get your hopes up, Mr. Terry - just do us all a favor and keep your trap shut.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/15/1729331/cpac-slavery-minority-outreach/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...