Skip to main content

Powerless Government + A Bong = God

“Can you pass the bong?”

As he took an inhale that would make Cheech and Chong proud, President McDonald prepared to make the most important speech in history.

McDonald cleared his throat, before saying, “Okay. Has everyone taken three hits yet? Yes? Okay, good. As we discuss the matters at hand, feel free to eat some of the doughnuts, brownies, cookies, Twinkies and celery I’ve provided for you all. Alright, now onto more important issues. The people are getting out of control. They have no respect for us. Just the other day, a homeless guy gave Jerry over here a wedgie. For the record, this homeless guy is nicknamed Sloth. It’s time we find a way to seize more power and control. We’ve got to make the people fear us. How do we do this? I’m open to any and all suggestions. Yes, Jerry…”

Jerry: “What if I start running naked around town?”

McDonald: “Well, I suppose that would instill fear in people, women in particular. Have you seen a doctor about that yet?”

Jerry: “No. It just won’t stop itching!”

McDonald: “Yeah, I’m not thinking that’s going to work. Anybody else? Yes, Billy Bob…”

Billy Bob: “We should all carry with us two shotguns and for anyone who criticizes or questions us, we shoot them.”

McDonald: “Again, I think that would definitely make the people fear us, but if we shot everyone who criticized or questioned us, we’d wind up with just us left, so I’m not thinking that’s going to work either. Yes, Jeremiah…”

Jeremiah: “For anyone that swears, we will beat them.”

McDonald: “Well, sh*t. Outside of you, Jeremiah, we’d all be screwed. Next?”

Abe: “What if we made up a story?”

McDonald: “Okay. I’m curious. A story about what exactly?”

Abe: “A story like Santa Claus. If people are good, obey the laws, that kind of thing, they will
be rewarded. If not, they will be punished.”

McDonald: “Come on, Abe! Only children believe in Santa Claus! What about the adults? The people we’re really worried about? The adults? Are they going to believe this story?”

Abe: “It can’t hurt to try.”

McDonald: “Okay, go on…”

Abe: “Alright, what are people most afraid of besides public speaking? Death. Let’s make up a story where it states that if you’re good, you’ll live forever. You’ll die, but then live again. If you don’t obey the laws, then you will be forever punished, a permanent wedgie like Jerry received last week.”

McDonald: “Okay, so, I’ll bite. We’ll need a charismatic leader who will allow the good people to live again and we need to find an evil character to punish all the wretched souls.”

Abe: “Well, we’re talking about good and evil here. Good and Evil? No, that’s too obvious. Goodo and Eval? No, that sounds Spanglish and phony. What about something like God and Devil?”

McDonald: “God and Devil? I think I like it. Let’s go with this. Alright, how’s about some rules for the people to follow?”

Abe: “Don’t steal.”

Billy Bob: “Don’t kill unless the person is asking for it.”

Jerry: “Don’t give wedgies.”

McDonald: “I’ll add one. Don’t sleep with other guy’s wives, unless they’re really hot. Any others?”

Broxton: “Don’t get high unless you’re with us.”

McDonald: “Beautiful! Speaking of which, does anybody see someone walking on water over there?”

Jerry: “You’re just seeing things, man.”

McDonald: “No, seriously, that guy in the robe and sandals, standing on the table, is he really walking on water?”

Jerry: “Jesus Christ!”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...