Skip to main content

TMZ does its best Onion impression

TMZ did its best Onion impression today when the site posted an article with the following headline - "ANNE HATHAWAY Prefers the Company of Strangers to Paparazzi." It only gets better from there, or worse depending on your perspective.

Here is the actual content (if we can call it such) of this very article:

"Anne Hathaway's parents didn't raise her right -- because she hopped into the car of a TOTAL STRANGER ... rather than have to talk to one of our photogs.

The 'Bride Wars' star had just landed at LAX and rushed right into the first waiting SUV she could find, but it wasn't her ride. Rather than get out of the car, she politely asked the driver if she could stay until her car came ... and he said yes!

Anne's ride eventually showed and she quickly jumped out of the wrong car and into the right one.

Seems like a risky move just to avoid a TMZ camera guy. What did we ever do to her?"

In a related poll I just made up, 94% of people would prefer the company of strangers to the paparazzi, including 98% of the paparazzi.

When the photographer mentioned in this article was asked the question, "How would you like it if hordes of celebrities followed you at an airport right after your flight landed?," the photographer responded by saying, "Are you kidding? That'd be awesome! I'd just take lots of pictures!" When asked the following question of, "What if they were the ones with the cameras and you were without one?," the photographer said, "Uh..."

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/29/anne-hathaway-video/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...