Skip to main content

Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson gets "gay" (happy) talking about gays

Remember when Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson was interviewed by GQ magazine and how well that went? Well, the man with fewer brain cells than a drunken pirate has fingers has decided to go "gay" over gays yet again when he recently spoke on the radio with Family Research Council's Tony Perkins about the subject. In this very discussion, Robertson let his wisdom be known with the following quotes:

- "Do you think it's a coincidence that all of these debilitating - literally that can cause death - diseases follow that kind of conduct?"

- "God says, 'One woman, one man,' and everyone says, 'Oh, that's old hat, that's that old Bible stuff. But I'm thinking, well let's see now. A clean guy - a disease-free guy and a disease-free woman - they marry and they keep their sex between the two of them. They're not going to get chlamydia, and gonorrhea, and syphilis, and AIDS. It's safe."

- "Either it's the wildest coincidence ever that horrible diseases follow immoral conduct, or, it's God saying, 'There's a penalty for that kind of conduct.' I'm leaning towards there's a penalty for it."

First off, Mr. Robertson may want to read the Bible again, for there are many "Biblical" marriages other than just one man, one woman, as he contends.

1) Polygamous Marriage - the most common form of marriage in the Bible (one man and many women)

2) Levirate Marriage - can be found in Genesis 38:6-10

3) A man, a woman and her property - a female slave - can be found in Genesis 16:1-6 and Genesis 30:4-5

4) A man, one or more wives, and some concubines - can be found in Judges 19:1-30

5) A male soldier and a female prisoner of war - can be found in Deuteronomy 21:11-14

6) A male rapist and his victim - can be found in Deuteronomy 22:28-29

7) A male and female slave

8) Monogamous, heterosexual marriage

So, congratulations, Mr. Robertson - you've correctly listed one of at least eight different types of Biblical marriages. For that, you will receive a 12.5% grade, or an "F."

Secondly, if Robertson were speaking about "debilitating" conditions in general, then what "conduct" warranted people contracting: Different kinds of cancer, leukemia, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's, epilepsy, etc.? Especially in children? If a friend or family member of his contracted a fatal form of cancer, would he seriously look the person in the eyes and say, "Well, I don't know what to tell you, but you must have done served God wrong, you know what I'm saying? I'm here for and love ya, but you musta pissed God off somehow"? I highly doubt it.

Lastly, if Robertson was only speaking about sexually-transmitted diseases, he'd be wrong there as well. A cousin of mine contracted AIDS with an apparently unclean needle which was used on her for treatment while in Africa. Sadly, she's not the only one whom has had to endure such an experience.

"Either it's the wildest coincidence ever that horrible diseases follow immoral conduct, or, it's God saying, 'There's a penalty for that kind of conduct.' I'm leaning towards there's a penalty for it."

It must be the wildest coincidence ever that whenever Phil Robertson speaks, regular listeners' IQs drop 5 points, including his own, and non-regular listeners simultaneously reach for some Excedrin.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2014/09/10/3565585/duck-dynasty-stds/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2009/04/the-varieties-of-biblical-marriage/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...