Skip to main content

The "global apology" Sarah Palin should have issued...

Following President Obama's "ISIS" speech last week, former John McCain running mate, Sarah Palin, had a few words for the president when she appeared on Hannity  (the show, not the man). During this discussion between the clueless and clueless-er, Palin said this:

"To claim last night, also, our president saying ISIS is not Islamic, um, ISIS says they're Islamic. They are so full of deception that America should be concerned with the policies that are going on. And, as I watched the speech last night, Sean, the thought going through my mind is 'I owe America a global apology. Because John McCain, through all of this, John McCain should be our president.' He had the advice, today, still giving it to Barack Obama, and he will not listen to it, about the residual forces that must be left behind in order to secure the peace in Iraq that we had fought so hard for."

That's ironic - Sarah Palin issuing a global apology for not being the current Vice President of the United States? Here's the "global apology" speech she should have made:

"So, I was thinkin' the other night. I admit, that's very unusual for me at night, or at any other point in the 29-hour daily cycle we call life. But, anyway, I think I owe the real Americans of this country a global apology for almost becoming your Vice President, and being one step away from the presidency. Even though I think I'm pretty qualified since I can see Russia from anywhere on this planet - the United States, I didn't finish my term as governor because I felt it was best for my Alaskan peeps, and I'm still not sure whether or not the 'nowhere' in the bridge to nowhere was actually somewhere. Well, anyway, I'd like to globally apologize to America for that close call - you betcha! I'd also like to make a personal global apology to John McCain, because, let's be serious for a second here - he may have lost anyway, but with him being down as it was, I was the icing on the cake which ultimately made him lose, you know? Ooh, speaking of icing on the cake, I'm in the mood for a burger. Chow or see-yaw or whatever the Polish people say."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/blog/2014/09/12/sarah-palin-i-owe-america-a-global-apology-because-john-mccain-should-be-our-president/

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/sarahpalin/a/palinisms.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...