Skip to main content

I love the insanity beachbody workout, but...

While I am officially through day 53 of the 63 insanity beachbody workout and have noticed some nice changes, I still feel the need to poke fun at it a little bit.

In these workouts, the leader - Shaun T - has the tendency to say and do certain things throughout each and every one.

For example, I can't count how many times he says the following (okay, it's not that I CAN'T count; I just don't want to):

- "Dig deeper!"

- "You can do it!"

- "I'm watching you!"

- "I'm right here with you!"

- "Come on, people!"

When it comes to his actions, he shows the following tendencies:

- To either do 10 seconds of an exercise at the start of it or at the very end, meanwhile everyone else tries to do it for the 30 or 60 seconds he sets.

- When he walks around and talks to people and points out what they're doing, 4 out of 5 times he does this with a woman, and doesn't shy away from touching her (a lot). His two favorites seem to be Arielle and Tania.

So, based on all of this information, here's my exaggerated version of an insanity beachbody workout led by Shaun T:

"Okay, everybody, let's jog it out. Just a nice easy jog. Don't overdo it now. Let's start it off slow. Now let's go into jump ropes. Keep your feet together and do a nice easy jump. That's it. Very nice. Alright, now let's do high knees. Get those knees up in the air, people! Above the waist. Okay, let's get down on all fours, into the high-plank position, and do some push-ups. I'm going to go over here by Arielle to show you how she does it. Let's do eight strong push-ups, Arielle. I'll just be right by you, checking you out. Now, everyone, look at her - her elbows, her back is straight, her very nice butt is down, and I'm going to stroke her back right now - kind of like a massage, but not really. Nice job, Arielle! For our next exercise, we're going to get down on our butts, and do switch-kicks, to try and strengthen our abs. Now I'll go over by Tania and see how she's going to be doing this. Alright, 30 seconds - starting now! Look at Tania's form, check out how those abs are working it, and check out how I'm rubbing her abs. Look at those thighs, how strong they are. I'm going to feel them now too. Okay, 15 seconds! You can do it! I'm not going to, but you can! You can do it! Dig deeper! Should I join in? Huh? Should I join in? Okay! Five more seconds! 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Whew... I hope everyone is sweating as much as I am! Those 5 seconds were brutal! Okay, back up, and let's stretch. Lift your arms up, inhale, drop them, and release. Again, inhale, and exhale. Five more times as I walk around and find another woman to stand next to. Hey, Arielle. Long time no see. Now, I'm just going to stand behind Arielle, really close, as she feels my hot breath on the back of her neck. She's probably very uncomfortable right now, but do just what she's doing, and if you're with a big group of people, you probably shouldn't be doing what I'm doing. Now I'm going to run back over to Tania and do the same thing. Deep breath in and deep breath out. One more time - deep breath in and deep breath out. Very good! Excellent job, people! This was insanity, and I'm Shaun T. Peace out."

Update: I was just informed that Shaun T is actually gay, but will pretend my exaggerated rendition of an insanity workout is still funny. Congrats to Shaun T and his husband!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...