Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 8 of the NFL season...

In Week 8 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ..., on Thanksgiving, Detroit Lions players and coaches will oddly say, "We're thankful for delay of game penalties."

- ...it's Tennessee Titans quarterback Zach Mettenberger's lifelong dream to take a selfie while standing in the pocket, and it's Houston Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt's dream to sack Mettenberger while he's taking that selfie.

- ...Geno Smith has asked if there's any way he can get traded to West Virginia.

- ...Cris Carter is bound to say, "You shut out Cincinnati 27-0 and then give up 51 points to Pittsburgh?!? Indianapolis Colts defense - where you at?"

- ...Aaron Rodgers is currently telling his hamstring to relax.

- ...Atlanta is asking the league to condense games down to one half, especially if the game is in London.

- ...two of the surest bets are New Orleans to win at home and New Orleans to lose on the road. Two other such bets are for Oakland to lose at home and Oakland to lose on the road.

- ...the AFC North is less predictable than David Lynch films.

- ...Mike Ditka is going to have to give the entire Chicago Bears team a "Stop it!" speech before long.

- ...Players and coaches of every team in the NFC South are telling each other, "Hey, if we just win 6 or 7 games, we could win this division! That's like, awesome and stuff, or something!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...