Skip to main content

Scott Brown is smoother than his big truck filled with porcupines

New Hampshire Republican Senate candidate and politician voted most likely to own a big truck to compensate for a small penis - Scott Brown - recently appeared on Fox News and was asked about a comment his opponent, Democrat Senator Jeanne Shaheen, recently uttered. Brown and Fox News host Gretchen Carlson engaged in the following back-and-forth regarding the matter:

Gretchen Carlson: "[Your opponent, Senator Jeanne Shaheen said] 'He (Scott Brown) doesn't stand up for women's reproductive rights and economic security. He co-sponsored legislation to let employers deny women coverage for birth control or even mammograms. He had two opportunities to vote for equal pay laws and both times voted no.' So Senator, how do you respond to her claims?"

Scott Brown: "Well unfortunately, I'm talking about issues that people care about."

He went on to say that while "women's issues are very important," he was "focusing on the things that people care about," such as, "border security, veterans issues, [and] where we stand when it comes to Obamacare."

So, let me get this straight, smooth-talking Mr. Brown - women's issues are important, but people don't care about these issues? Does that mean women don't constitute as people then?

In light of those quotes, I can see Scott Brown engaging in the following conversation with a female voter in the near future:

Scott Brown: "Hey, how's it going, girl? Don't I look good?"

Pamela Cringe: "If you like that douchey middle-aged-man-I-still-want-to-be-a-high-school-jock kind of look, then sure."

Brown: "Thanks. That means a lot to me."

Cringe: "Did you even hear what I said?"

Brown: "Yeah, I felt you. So, hot stuff, what can I do for you?'

Cringe: "Seriously? Well, anyway, I saw your interview on Fox News where you were asked about Jeanne Shaheen saying you didn't care much about women's issues. You said you were more focused on issues people actually cared about. So, people don't actually care about women's issues?"

Brown: "I later said these issues were very important."

Cringe: "But not important enough for people to care about them, right?"

Brown: "That's right, I mean...Say what?"

Cringe: "Most women, such as myself, care about these issues. Are we not people then?"

Brown: "Of course you are"

Cringe: "But you said people didn't care about these issues..."

Brown: "That's right - so what's the question?"

Cringe: "Here's the question - are you an idiot? Ugh!" :; storms off ::

Brown: "Wait, uh, like what just happened here and stuff?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/01/scott-brown-birth-control_n_5915258.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...