Skip to main content

I've officially made it through the insanity beachbody workout challenge!

I did it! After the first two to three days, I admit, my legs were so stiff and sore, I waddled around like an obese penguin and never thought I'd last two weeks, let alone nine weeks. But, 63 days after I started the insanity beachbody workout challenge, I can officially say I got through it, and without any tears or breaks to boot!

After getting through the workout, I can definitely say I notice some changes. Over the past few weeks, I've received comments about changes in my: Stomach, arms, legs, even back. One person even said, "I imagine when some people see your legs now, they'll think you got calf-implants." Yeah, so I've got that going for me, which is nice. After just over two months of partaking in the workout, I don't think I'm ultimately where I want to be as far as my body and look go, but am quite happy with the changes to this point, so happy that I plan on going through the workout again - well, after a couple of days to rest.

For anyone whom is trying to shed a few pounds or tone themselves, I highly recommend giving this workout a gander. If you're just starting this process and don't exercise much, I might go with a lighter cardio workout at first, before diving into this. In any case, if you're curious to check out an intense cardio workout which will definitely make a difference in your look so long as you stick to it, you can read more information about it at the following link. I got "insane" for a few weeks and you should too! Sorry, I couldn't help it. Seriously, if you want to learn more about the workout, you can read all about it here: 

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do?code=SEMB_SAN_GOOGLE&LID={IFCONTENT:102440209}{IFSEARCH:88575761}&utm_source=gsem&utm_medium=ola&utm_term=%5Binsanity+beachbody+workout%5D&utm_content=%21acq%21v2%21{ifsearch:s}{ifcontent:c}-{matchtype}-{creative}-7633226653&utm_campaign=Google-Brand-Insanity_BBM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...