Skip to main content

Don Jr. teaches his daughter about what he believes socialism to be...

Donald Trump Jr. continues to showcase that the "bigly" stupid gene runs in the family, as he has again illustrated he knows as much about socialism as a dog named Lucky knows about kama sutra. On Halloween, the president's son tweeted a picture of his daughter Chloe holding up a half full/half empty bowl of candy, adding the words, "I'm going to take half of Chloe's candy tonight & give it to some kid who sat at home. It's never to early to teach her about socialism."

Apparently there is such a thing as TOO late to teach him about socialism, well, and English/spelling. Let me get this straight; on a day when kids all over the country knock on neighbors' and strangers' doors, asking for free candy, Don Jr. stealing half that candy from his own daughter and giving it to a kid at home is an example of socialism? As Mandy Patinkin said in The Princess Bride, "I do not think that word means what you think it means."

Let's break this down even further:

Step 1
Donald Trump Jr. takes his daughter out trick-or-treating, asking for free handouts (candy), and that's perfectly acceptable.

Step 2
Donald Trump Jr. takes half of his daughter's free handouts (candy) and calls it socialism.

Conclusion: Donald Trump Jr. doesn't know what socialism is and he's a cold-hearted jerk.

Based on that rationale (or lack of it), I predict Don Jr. will utter the following to his daughter at some point:

- "I'm gonna loan you millions of candies, let you run out six times, & then call you a good businessperson."

- "Okay, now pretend these pieces of candy are your papa's tax returns. That's it. Probably no ketchup this time."

- "You? 100 Skittles. Give me your reds. Doll? 2 Skittles. No reds to give. That's taxes. Not fair, is it?"

- "I bought this Milky Way. I have to eat it. I can't throw or give it away. I have no choice. So, yeah, abortion."

- "These two jelly beans don't belong together. Let's call them Adam & Steve. Now let's eat Adam & Steve. Yum."

- "Let's say these Starburst cure cancer. If everyone had one, that'd be bad, because, you know, death panels."

- "Go ahead & hit me with that gummy bear. Ow! That could've killed me! This is why we can't have gun control."

- "If you want a special kind of candy, ask papa to call Uncle Vlady & he'll get it for you. That's democracy."

- "Give me all your candy. In due time, some of this candy will trickle down to you. Isn't that cool?"

https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/01/donald-trump-jr-tweets-a-lesson-about-socialism-using-his-daughter-and-candy-he-may-not-grasp-socialism/?utm_term=.f5bccd40df36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...