Skip to main content

Rick Perry with another "oops" moment...

The Secretary of Energy, Rick Perry, has never been coy about making ridiculously stupid comments. Here are just a few of his greatest hits:

- "From my own personal life, abstinence works."

- "It's (Evolution) a theory that's out there. It's got some gaps in it."

- "Juarez (Mexico) is reported to be the most dangerous city in America."

- "Those of you that will be 21 by November the 12th, I ask for your support and your vote."

- I will tell you: It's three agencies of government, when I get there, that are gone: Commerce, Education and the- what's the third one there? Let's see.... OK. So Commerce, Education and the- I can't. The third one, I can't. Sorry. Oops."

Speaking at an Axios/NBC News event, Perry had himself another "oops" moment, when he said this:

"[Electricity is important] from the standpoint of sexual assault. When the lights are on, when you have light that shines the righteousness, if you will, those types of acts. [From the standpoint] of how you really affect people's lives, fossil fuels ... play a role in that. I happen to think it's going to play a positive role."

That's right, ladies and gentlemen; Rick Perry thinks the solution to decreasing cases of sexual assault is fossil fuels. With that kind of logic, expect him to utter the following lines at some point (if he hasn't already):

- "Suicide is a big problem. I don't like suicide, not one bit. It's, uh, bad. So, I want to do something about it and think I've found the answer. Litter. If people start throwing trash away outside, they'll be less likely to throw their lives away inside, outside, or whatever."

- "If we want to stop rape in this country, I've got three words for you: Star Wars. If we learn about the force, we won't be forcing ourselves on others. That's just common sense, people."

- "I have an interesting idea on how to stop abuse. Buses. If we destroy all of the buses, abuse just won't happen, because you can't spell 'abuse' without 'bus.'"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-rick-perry-fossil-fuels-sexual-assault-20171102-story.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...