Skip to main content

Bad news for Romney at the polls...

Unless he's placing all his stock in the uber-conservatively biased Rasmussen Polls, Mitt Romney has to be rather disappointed with his "post-convention bounce". In fact, in a very recent Gallup Poll (which has also been kind to the Republican nominee), it was showcased that this may be the worst post-convention bounce since Gallup started tracking it in 1984. Of all respondents, 40% said they were more likely to vote for Romney following the Republican National Convention, while 38% said they were less likely - a net impact of just +2%. The previous low was following the 2004 GOP convention, where 41% responded they were more likely to vote for George W. Bush, while 38% said they were less likely to vote for him - a net impact of +3%. The average post-convention net impact for the Republican Party has been 10.8% over the past five conventions (including this year's) - 8.8% greater than the result this year.

Outside of the before-mentioned Rasmussen, no post-convention poll has Mitt Romney ahead of Barack Obama. Ipsos/Reuters has the two candidates tied and Gallup has Obama ahead by one. As these numbers are post-Republican National Convention and pre-Democratic National Convention, they are not good for the Romney camp. As it's anticipated that the DNC will result in a 3-5 point bounce for President Obama, we'll likely be looking at a 3-6% lead for the president going into next week. As these are just national numbers, I'll be extremely curious to see what the post-convention(s) results will be in state polls. To this point, I've only seen such polls from PPP, who showed absolutely no bounce for Romney in the states of Florida and North Carolina, where Obama led by 1 in Florida (and still does) and the two candidates are tied in the Tar Heel state (just as before).

There's a long ways to go until the election, but if I'm a Democrat and supporter of the president being elected to a second-term, I have to like the numbers that have been rolling in these past couple days or so. All the Democrats have to do is not outperform Pinocchio Ryan in terms of his lies or talk to trees, bushes, ceilings or floors during their speeches at the convention and they'll likely see a larger post-convention bump than Republicans - Romney, in particular - received.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/03/republican-convention-mitt-romney_n_1852052.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...