Skip to main content

Romney's healthcare flip-flops continue!

On Wednesday night, Republican Presidential nominee, Mitt Romney, said the following: "Now and then the president says I'm the grandfather of Obamacare. I don't think he meant that as a compliment, but I'll take it..."

I'm trying to make sense of this man. In so doing, I'll attempt to run down the notable healthcare-related events chronologically and see if things start to finally click upstairs for me:

1) Romney signs Romneycare as Governor of Massachusetts

2) Obamacare, which is said to be nearly identical to Romneycare, passes

3) Upon receiving his party's nomination for president, Romney says his first order of business in the Oval Office would be to repeal Obamacare in its entirety

4) Romney later states that there are portions of Obamacare he likes and wouldn't mind holding onto

5) After hearing angry conservatives yelling at him and throwing feces at his bedroom window while cursing at him in jive, he states that he'll repeal all of Obamacare

6) Not long after, he states that while he'll repeal all of Obamacare, he'll still keep in tact the couple sections he likes

7) He happily accepts being called the grandfather of Obamacare

8) He says he will repeal Obamacare as president

After reading all of this over a few times, I think I've ultimately decided that Mitt Romney's stance on healthcare reform is akin to the television show Lost. No matter how much one watches him/it, things aren't going to make any sense.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/19/878641/romney-im-happy-to-be-known-as-the-grandfather-of-obamacare/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...