Skip to main content

Mitt Romney - Do as I say, not as I do

Word came forth today, which confirmed earlier rumors that Republican presidential candidate, Mitt Romney, required his running-mate shortlisters to provide him with a full 10 years of their tax returns. As many know, he's come forward by saying he'll only release a maximum of two years worth of his tax returns. This included the person who eventually won the job - Paul Ryan.

After Romney selected Ryan as his vice presidential candidate, the two men were interviewed together and Ryan declared that like Romney, he too would release two years of his tax returns. While this appeared to be a smart and sensible decision to most unaware of the rumors regarding how Romney vetted his potential running mates, it may wind up backfiring on the Republican ticket before the election rolls around.

Once this bit of news becomes more widespread, what are voters supposed to think? "Mr. Romney - you required that all of your possible running mates release 10 years of their tax returns to make certain he or she would be right for the job, yet you only require yourself of releasing to us two years of such returns and expect that will be enough for us to vote you into office at the most powerful position in the country?"

Well, I must be going. I'm running a "Bachelor"-type reality show for myself, where I've required that all the women contestants provide me their test results for sexually transmitted diseases. I will not provide them with my own such test results, however. When they find out about this, ah, who am I kidding? They'll still want me; that or my show may get canceled on day one.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/13/romney-asked-vp-shortlisters-for-ten-years-of-tax-returns.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...