Skip to main content

Paul Ryan insinuates President Obama is extremist on the issue of abortion - how ironic...

During a speech in for the Values Voter Summit in Washington on Friday, Republican Vice Presidential candidate - Paul Ryan - uttered the following words: "'We're all in this together' - it has a nice ring. For everyone who loves this country, it is not only true but obvious. Yet how hollow it sounds coming from a politician who has never once lifted a hand to defend the most helpless and innocent of all human beings, the child waiting to be born."

He continued by saying, "President Obama has chosen to pander to the most extreme elements of his party..."

Mitt Romney's running mate was attempting to play off the president's words from his speech at the Democratic National Convention, where he said that "We're all in this together." What I find laughable is Ryan of all people trying to paint Obama as the extremist when it comes to the issue of abortion.

Ryan himself believes abortion should be illegal even in the cases of rape or incest. Pinocchio Ryan also co-sponsored a bill with Missouri Republican Senate candidate, Todd Akin, which would have redefined the word "rape." Yes- it's THAT Todd Akin. Remember him? The guy who recently declared that women have magical vaginas and if raped, these magical powers supersede sperm, science and chance?

This is getting funny. Just earlier, it was reported in an interview with George Stephanopoulos, Mitt Romney said he'd have to prepare for President Obama to lie during the debates as he's known to do according to Willard Mittens Romney. Paul Ryan is now painting the president as an extremist on abortion. While we're at it, why doesn't Mitt accuse President Obama of being rich and due to that, not being able to relate to the middle-class?

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/paul-ryan-obama-cant-say-were-in-this-together-because-hes-pro-choice.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...