Skip to main content

As long as there's "Family Guy," Republicans will lose elections! ...so says Bill Whittle...

Speaking at the Koch brother-funded Right Online conference this past weekend, conservative blogger Bill Whittle said this:

"Any audience of people that grew up with classical Superman automatically love this country, because Superman is about the best America we can be. When Superman was all over the pop culture, we were a nation that loved this country. Now, twenty years after the peak of Superman's popularity, along comes Gilligan's Island. That's pretty neutral in terms of politics. Really about the only message you can get from Gilligan's Island is if you want to get off the island all you have to do is kill Gilligan.

But if you're a young person out there today and you can finish the theme song from Family Guy, then all the anti-American, anti-capitalist, anti-Christian, anti-morality messages of Family Guy are in your head as completely and thoroughly as that theme song is.

You're programmed by the pop culture, you're programmed by story. It's all about stories, and if we're the villain in all of the stories that are told we're never going to win another election."

That's right, ladies and gentlemen! Election results aren't reflective of the public simply agreeing with a party's ideas, principles, and policy positions more than the other's. They're reflective of what pop culture has brainwashed us to believe! Since Family Guy started airing in 1999, Republicans are 2-2 in presidential elections. Let's break these elections down, shall we?

2000 - Gore won the popular vote because of Family Guy, but the Supreme Court got the final word on the electoral vote, handing the election to Bush, because it was the morally right thing to to do...or something...

2004 - Bush beat Kerry because Americans were still scared after the 9/11 attacks and fear is very moral and American.

2008 - Obama defeated McCain, not because of the recession happening under a Republican president and Sarah Palin trying to put the deer-in-headlights look in style, but because of Family Guy.

2012 - Obama beat Romney because Mitt said 47% of the country was pretty much worthless. Oh, no, I'm hearing this too was because of Family Guy.

In Bill Whittle's delusional little mind, I'm sure he could see the following answers displayed in a round of Family Feud:

Question: "Why did Republicans lose the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections?"

Answers:

5. Couldn't relate to most people

4. Were more about religious principles than how to move the country forward

3. Seemed to only care about the rich

2. Came across as discriminatory toward women, minorities, and gays

1. The TV show Family Guy

Feel free to believe that, Mr. Whittle. The longer you and the Republican Party are in denial about why you lost the previous two presidential elections, the more likely it is you'll lose the next one.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/watch-conservative-says-family-guy-is-destroying-the-gop/#.UiXm5R_sqDI.twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...