Skip to main content

My Crystal Tim Tebow Ball

So, Tim Tebow got cut by the New England Patriots over the holiday weekend. Do I care? No, not really. However, it was one of the top stories around the sports world - especially over at ESPN, whom seem to have a permanent hard-on for Mr. Tebow.

Here are some of the recent headlines concerning Tebow:

"Robert Kraft 'very much wanted' Tim Tebow to make Patriots" - Okay, good for him...

"Kraft, Brady discuss Tebow's exit" - Really? There's nothing more to talk about? Like the fact the season will be starting this week?

"Could Tebow rejoin Pats this season?" - Sure, as a 3rd-string quarterback, a backup tight end, or a motivational speaker if the team starts the season at 3-7.

"Could Tim Tebow return to Patriots? Belichick won't say no" - Just like when a crush tries to politely turn a guy down by not telling him no and just ignoring him all together. Yeah, that's sweet...

"The Bills have multiple reasons to claim Tebow on waivers..." - They want a new mascot? A waterboy? Someone to keep them warm with the Lord's love during the cold winter months?

"Tim Tebow's career defies logic, rational explanation" - Yes, as does the media's obsession with him.

My guess is, if Tebow doesn't play football in the NFL this year, he'll sign on with ESPN for one of the following segments:

Can You Throw a Football Better Than a 5th Grader?

How I Want to Meet Your Mother: Setting Your Mom Up with Tim Tebow!

How-To Not Throw a Pass

Suck Dynasty

The Bang Jesus Theory

One other possibility is that Fox News will hire Tebow as their quarterback expert. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...