Skip to main content

...and that's how you spell i-r-o-n-y, my friends...

I read a comment last night which made me laugh out loud and felt the need to share it. Yes, I know the term "LOL" tends to get used rather loosely, but I literally LOLed when I read a Donald Trump supporter say the following - "Bernie Sanders rallies scare the hell out of me!"

Yes, that's right, a supporter of a man who regularly incites violence at his own rallies, leaving several injured and/or arrested, is frightened by a group of "hippies" holding hands, singing kumbaya, and smoking medical marijuana when surrounding an old man who resembles Doc Brown from Back to the Future.

Trump rally: "Kick that guy's ass! Yes, his! That other one too! Yo, old fart, sucker-punch that black dude who's walking out of here! Oh, and the rest of you pansy-ass hippy protester pieces of sh*t have to leave! Now! Or else!"

Trump supporter: "I gotta tell you, I could probably fall asleep right now I'm so relaxed. The only thing which could relax me more is if I heard some people firing a few guns."


Sanders rally: "Everyone deserves healthcare! Everyone deserves a free college education! Everyone deserves equal rights and opportunities! Chant with me: E-qual-i-ty! E-qual-i-ty! E-qual-i-ty!"

Trump supporter: "Everybody run! Let's get out of here! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!"


Yeah, given this Trump supporter's seemingly odd manner of, eh, thinking, I'll expect him to utter the following lines in the future (if he hasn't already):

- "Why, when standing on top of this ladder, do I feel shorter?"

- "To help me sleep at night, I just put 'Uptown Funk' on repeat and I'm out within 2 minutes every time."

- "Since they were real little, I've always told my kids, 'The best way to dry off is by taking a shower.'"

- "When I'm in a big hurry and am running late for something, instead of taking my car, I pretend to do the hurdles while wearing ice skates."

- "There's nothing quite like putting your head in the freezer when you're cold and want to warm up!"

- "Some people may lay outside or go to the tanning booths, but when I want to get a nice summer tan, I play video games in the basement for a few hours."

- "The first and most important rule to not get shot by a gun is to put your mouth over it and give the shooter the thumb's up signal with both hands."

- "The grass is always greener on the other side when that other side has faced record droughts and wasn't very green to begin with."

- "The best way to get and feel nice and clean is slip 'n' sliding in the mud."

- "To enjoy a nice moment of silence, my family and I have this weekly thing called TT or Tourette's Tuesdays."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...