Skip to main content

GOP promises to protect country from Muslim unicorns

After North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory decided it was time to sign a bill preventing the nonexistent problem of transgender individuals using public restrooms of the gender with which they identify, House Republicans became inspired to tackle other such issues.

Earlier today, House Speaker Paul Ryan made this announcement before the press:

"Before making this big announcement, I want to first thank Governor McCrory for his leadership, his morality, and perhaps most importantly, his vision - his vision for seeing things that aren't really there but could be if we try really really hard, using binoculars, while tripping on acid. Without him leading the way, I honestly don't believe anyone in the Republican-led House would have come up with our new one-of-a-kind idea to make America great again. Now that we got that out of the way, let me get to the meat of this announcement. After other House Republicans and I got together, sat down, and really thought about things for at least fifteen seconds, we decided that the best way to move this great nation forward is to pass a bill temporarily banning Muslim unicorns from entering this country. I know some people will claim we're being anti-First Amendment and anti-Muslim, but that's not true at all. We're simply pro-safety and pro-security. Let me ask you all something, would you ever want your young daughter to be alone with a Muslim unicorn? Honestly? You didn't even though about it once, did you? Well, we thought about it, probably too much, but regardless, we don't like these visuals we get of our 7-year-old girls being approached by Muslim unicorns. Go ahead and read all the debunked stories about these creatures on the Internets and I'm sure you too will feel similarly frightened. Thank you. God bless you and God bless the United States of America."

After listening to Speaker Ryan's speech, Cheech and Chong tweeted, "What in the hell has that guy been smoking?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...